Facebook Gameroom using Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
pemartins
Level 1
Level 1

Facebook Gameroom using Wine

Post by pemartins »

Is there a way of installing and using Facebook Gameroom on Linux using Wine?

https://www.facebook.com/gameroom/download/
donnisnoni

Re: Facebook Gameroom using Wine

Post by donnisnoni »

i already dit it and it works....

see on https://imgur.com/a/kVJjvRa
papy88140

Post by papy88140 »

Hi,
is there a specific way to install FacebookGameroom.exe or just execute wine FacebookGameroom.exe ?
Michieal

Post by Michieal »

You can install it. I just managed to do so. It's a serious pain... And, WebGL programs and Actual EXE/Unity games don't work (at least, not yet).

You have to install .Net (4.5), VC 2015 runtime, and DirectX 4.7 shader compiler... you might be able to get the WebGL to work by installing Chrome. I installed Gecko into Wine using Install Components. Then I downloaded and installed directly the Direct X runtime, VC2015 runtime, and I installed Microsoft .NET 4.5 (Mono's .NET failed here for some reason, so I had to install the MS version). I also installed Flash Player.

From Windows' Registry settings, searching for "Facebook\\Games" I saw that it had entries for:
d3dcompiler_47
vcruntime140
vccorlib140
libegl
libcef
libglesv2
cefsharp
cefsharp.core
cefsharp.winforms
LibFBGPlatform
SharpBITS.Base
cefsharp.browsersubprocess.core
chrome_elf
CefLocalePaks
Newtonsoft.Json
msvcp140

I'm fairly sure that I haven't fully installed everything needed... if anyone has the answers, I'd love to know. :D
But, as to the process... Using the Wine Explorer, I ran FacebookGameroom.exe that I downloaded from Facebook. In the TEMP folder, a directory is created, called (heh) FacebookGameroom. In that directory, you will find FacebookGamesArcade.msi. I ran that in the Wine Explorer.
This, created an icon on the desktop called Facebook Gameroom. Run that. It will take a minute to load, but it will initially come up with a login window, to log into facebook. Log in, and it will load your games library.

I hope that this helps out...
-M.