In the main menu there are no icons for wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
KOT040188
Level 1
Level 1

In the main menu there are no icons for wine

Post by KOT040188 »

Before, after installing wine in the main menu, there was a section with winecfg launch icons installed in wine applications and so on. Now after installing wine this section is not show. How to return it? Kubuntu 18.04. winehq-stable 3.0.3.
dimesio

Re: In the main menu there are no icons for wine

Post by dimesio »

As stated clearly on https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu under "If you have previously used the distro packages, you will notice some differences in the WineHQ ones:"
Menu items are not created for Wine's builtin programs (winecfg, etc.), and if you are upgrading from a distro package that had added them, they will be removed. You can recreate them yourself using your menu editor.
KOT040188
Level 1
Level 1

Post by KOT040188 »

Why they were created before?What changed? I do not understand…
KOT040188
Level 1
Level 1

Post by KOT040188 »

How can I create it manually if I do not know other commands except winecfg?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

What changed is you went from using a distro package to using a WineHQ one. Those icons are not part of Wine; they are something some distros add to their Wine packages.

As to how to create menu items yourself, use whatever tools your distro provides. If you don't know how, ask for help on your distro forum. How to edit your desktop enviroment's menu is not a Wine question.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@KOT040188

See: Github: bobwya / wine-desktop-common.

This repository contains Desktop integration files for my Gentoo Wine packages. It is easy enough to install these files on any Linux distribution - instructions are in the Github repository README file.

Bob
KOT040188
Level 1
Level 1

Post by KOT040188 »

dimesio wrote:What changed is you went from using a distro package to using a WineHQ one.
No. Before that I installed wine from the ubuntu oficial repository and there were no icons.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

KOT040188 wrote:No. Before that I installed wine from the ubuntu oficial repository and there were no icons.
Your original post said there were.
KOT040188
Level 1
Level 1

Post by KOT040188 »

dimesio wrote:
KOT040188 wrote:No. Before that I installed wine from the ubuntu oficial repository and there were no icons.
Your original post said there were.
That's right, it was before. before I installed wine from the official source of ubuntu. There were icons. Now I also installed from there, there are no icons. I decided to install from the official wine source. Nothing changed.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Well, wherever you got them originally, those menu items are not and have never been part of plain Wine. If you're using the WineHQ packages, you have to add them yourself.