Steins;Gate 0 help

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ash_mario

Steins;Gate 0 help

Post by ash_mario »

Hello I need help installing steins gate 0 from steam on my system. I am currently using Wine 3.6 via Lutris on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have installed the .dlls needed but the game wont launch. The problem is the launcher is not recognized by Wine. There is a workaround but I am not sure i am doing it right. Please see the wine page for steins gate 0.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Steins;Gate 0 help

Post by DarkShadow44 »

What exactly did you do and what exactly doesn't work? How should we know if you're doing it right?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

If I "translate" the steps from the AppDB:

I think you have already done this step, but to be sure:
Install dinput8 xact and d3dcompiler_43 with winetricks, and use a 32 bit wineprefix
The next command creates a new "fake 32-bit windows" in /home/<user>/Steinsgate (replace <user> with your username)
and winetricks will install the necessary dll's

Code: Select all

$ WINEPREFIX=/home/<user>/Steinsgate WINEARCH=win32 winetricks dinput8 xact d3dcompiler_43
The game has got .bat file. Need : > start boot.bat in "env WINEPREFIX="yourprefix" wine cmd".
Go to the directory where the game is installed and run the batch file with the wine start command.
(If you haven't created a new wineprefix in the first step you can skip the "WINEPREFIX=/home/<user>/Steinsgate" part)

$ cd <drive_c/path/to/game/bat/file>
$ WINEPREFIX=/home/<user>/Steinsgate wine start boot.bat
Or start wine with cmd and start the game

$ WINEPREFIX=/home/<user>/Steinsgate wine cmd
$ cd <path\to\game\bat\file>
$ boot.bat
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Did you already try the patching from https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... gId=101667 ?