Skyrim Special Edition - 0 disk activity problem

Questions about Wine on Linux
Leopard
Level 2
Level 2

Skyrim Special Edition - 0 disk activity problem

Post by Leopard »

So , i have a problem with Skyrim Special Edition.

First ; i'm trying this on DXVK so if problem would be related to it i wouldn't bother you :(

Seems like ; it is not loading necessary files when i hit new game button. It stays with dragon logo and smokes animation forever.

Code: Select all

0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 
Probably this is the root of the problem.

I'm on Wine Staging 3.8
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Skyrim Special Edition - 0 disk activity problem

Post by Bob Wya »

Leopard wrote:So , i have a problem with Skyrim Special Edition.

First ; i'm trying this on DXVK so if problem would be related to it i wouldn't bother you :(
That's fine... As long as you are aware it's a 3rd party project. I've been testing it out myself and it is very impressive.
Leopard wrote:

0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 
  • Maybe, but can you post the full log. (Use a Paste-bin esque site if it's over 200 lines please.)
  • What exact command are you using to launch the game?
  • What present working directory (pwd) are you cd'ed to when you execute this command?
  • Does Skyrim Special Edition save games to your Windows user profile directories?
    command?
  • If so are the saved games stored in subdirectories of your Linux HOME directory (via symbolic links, created by Wine)?
    I would personally advise against this. Using:

winetricks sandbox
    ensures that all your WINEPREFIX data, e.g. game saves / settings, stays in the WINEPREFIX along with your Windows application.

Thanks
Bob
Leopard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leopard »

Bob Wya wrote:
Leopard wrote:So , i have a problem with Skyrim Special Edition.

That's fine... As long as you are aware it's a 3rd party project. I've been testing it out myself and it is very impressive.
Leopard wrote:

• Maybe, but can you post the full log. (Use a Paste-bin esque site if it's over 200 lines please.)
  • What exact command are you using to launch the game?
  • What present working directory (pwd) are you cd'ed to when you execute this command?
  • Does Skyrim Special Edition save games to your Windows user profile directories?
    command?
  • If so are the saved games stored in subdirectories of your Linux HOME directory (via symbolic links, created by Wine)?

winetricks sandbox
    ensures that all your WINEPREFIX data, e.g. game saves / settings, stays in the WINEPREFIX along with your Windows application.

Thanks
Bob
First of all thanks for your interest Bob.

I don't have a Windows insallation. All i have is a Steam account with Skyrim SE in it and a Linux Mint partition.

I've just tried it via Lutris also , it said cannot locate files kinda error with number 24.

I tried with different wineprefixes , tried with Lutris but it always end up like this.

Note that ; my all drives are EXT4.

I don't know what to do really but it looks like a Wine problem rather than DXVK since it cannot load the necessary files with that error.

Full error output is like this:

And i'm getting this on launcher , before going in-game.

0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT".
Vulkan is functioning since i can play Doom 2016 Vulkan via Wine , F1 2017 , RoTR natively.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Leopard wrote: First of all thanks for your interest Bob.

I don't have a Windows installation. All i have is a Steam account with Skyrim SE in it and a Linux Mint partition.
I never meant to imply you did... :lol:
But Windows applications installed under Wine will attempt to use the same paths as they do on native Windows.
Leopard wrote:And i'm getting this on launcher , before going in-game.

0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 0019:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkCreateDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDestroyDebugReportCallbackEXT". 00a4:fixme:vulkan:wine_vkGetInstanceProcAddr Unsupported device or instance function: "vkDebugReportMessageEXT".
Vulkan is functioning since i can play Doom 2016 Vulkan via Wine , F1 2017 , RoTR natively.
  • Just to check have you the 32-bit native Linux vulkan library package installed? (it's a recommended wine dependency package)
    libvulkan1:i368 and mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386 for an AMD GPU
  • Is DXVK correctly installed:
    32-bit DXVK libraries (or links) in C:\Windows\System32
    64-bit DXVK libraries (or links) in C:\Windows\Syswow64
    With dll overrides to native for these.
  • Does you graphics driver support DXVK: see Github: doitsujin / dxvk Wiki: Driver support .
What's the output from:

'ls' -hl "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/users/${USER}/"
Also what's the output from using:

export WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr
before running the game?

Thanks
Bob
Leopard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leopard »

Bob Wya wrote:
Leopard wrote: First of all thanks for your interest Bob.

I don't have a Windows installation. All i have is a Steam account with Skyrim SE in it and a Linux Mint partition.
I never meant to imply you did... :lol:
But Windows applications installed under Wine will attempt to use the same paths as they do on native Windows.
Leopard wrote:And i'm getting this on launcher , before going in-game.

• Just to check have you the 32-bit native Linux vulkan library package installed? (it's a recommended wine dependency package)
    libvulkan1:i368 and mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386 for an AMD GPU
  • Is DXVK correctly installed:
    32-bit DXVK libraries (or links) in C:\Windows\System32
    64-bit DXVK libraries (or links) in C:\Windows\Syswow64
    With dll overrides to native for these.
  • Does you graphics driver support DXVK: see Github: doitsujin / dxvk Wiki: Driver support .
What's the output from:

'ls' -hl "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/users/${USER}/"
Also what's the output from using:

export WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr
before running the game?

Thanks
Bob
Ahaha , ok. :D

I'm on Nvidia Gtx 1050 so i'm not related to Mesa. I'm using Nvidia-Prime.

Anyway , i have libvulkan1 , libvulkan1:i386 and vulkan-utils installed. Version number is 1.17.13.

My graphics driver is 396.24.

On winecfg it shows d3d11 and dxgi native. Windows version is set to 7. CSMT enabled. Nothing else.

I don't know how to check for both 32 bit libaries and 64 bit though. I installed DXVK via following guide BoilingSteam's Witcher 3 article but that site is down now and forever it will be i guess.

First output:

toplam 108K
drwxr-xr-x 3 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 AppData
drwxr-xr-x 4 asus asus 4,0K Şub  4 02:01 Application Data
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asus asus   19 May 14 01:57 Belgelerim -> /home/asus/Belgeler
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Contacts
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Şub  4 02:21 Cookies
-rw-r--r-- 1 asus asus  219 Oca  2 00:56 dd_vcredistMSI52E9.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 asus asus  219 Oca  2 00:56 dd_vcredistMSI5389.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 asus asus  14K Oca  2 00:56 dd_vcredistUI52E9.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 asus asus  14K Oca  2 00:57 dd_vcredistUI5389.txt
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Downloads
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Favorites
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Links
drwxr-xr-x 5 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Local Settings
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asus asus   21 May 14 01:57 Masaüstü -> /home/asus/Masaüstü
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asus asus   17 May 14 01:57 Müziğim -> /home/asus/Müzik
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 NetHood
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 PrintHood
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Recent
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asus asus   19 May 14 01:57 Resimlerim -> /home/asus/Resimler
drwxr-xr-x 4 asus asus 4,0K Kas  1  2017 Saved Games
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Searches
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 SendTo
drwxr-xr-x 3 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Start Menu
drwxr-xr-x 3 asus asus 4,0K May 14 01:57 Temp
drwxr-xr-x 2 asus asus 4,0K Eki 27  2017 Templates
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asus asus   19 May 14 01:57 Videolarım -> /home/asus/Videolar
Second output :

I don't know where to put that command you gave.

Command is that:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/asus/.wine-skyrimse" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe steam://rungameid/489830
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

You can check your DXVK installation with:

find "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/windows" -type l -iname "d3d*.dll" | xargs -I {} sh -c 'file "$(readlink -f {} )"'
Assuming you've symlinked to independent DXVK directories (the typically recommended way to "install" the libraries).

You can just run:

env WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr WINEPREFIX="/home/asus/.wine-skyrimse" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe steam://rungameid/489830
However if you're running the game in a terminal, it's probably easier to use:

export WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr WINEPREFIX="/home/asus/.wine-skyrimse"
/opt/wine-staging/bin/wine start steam://rungameid/489830
The env variable exports will persist for that (single) shell session.

Bob
Leopard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leopard »

Bob Wya wrote:You can check your DXVK installation with:

find "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/windows" -type l -iname "d3d*.dll" | xargs -I {} sh -c 'file "$(readlink -f {} )"'
Assuming you've symlinked to independent DXVK directories (the typically recommended way to "install" the libraries).

You can just run:

env WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr WINEPREFIX="/home/asus/.wine-skyrimse" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe steam://rungameid/489830
However if you're running the game in a terminal, it's probably easier to use:

The env variable exports will persist for that (single) shell session.

Bob

/home/asus/İndirilenler/dxvk-0.50/x64/d3d11.dll: PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows

https://gist.github.com/Leopard1907/4a5 ... adee902737

Either with mountmgr , game hangs on loading screen and also can't quit.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Leopard wrote:

/home/asus/İndirilenler/dxvk-0.50/x64/d3d11.dll: PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Some initial comments... Since I don't have much time to look over the terminal log just now...

You need to install the 32-bit DXVK dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll libraries as well.
Things should (roughly) look like:

find "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/windows" -type l -iname "d*.dll" | xargs file
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/syswow64/dxgi_original.dll:  symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/32/dxgi.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3d11.dll:          symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/32/d3d11.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/system32/dxgi_original.dll:  symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/64/dxgi.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/system32/d3d11.dll:          symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/64/d3d11.dll
Well, probably the DXVK directory should be somewhere sensible... But that's another story!
Leopard wrote:

Steam really needs to be run with a Windows XP override - if you want a half decent experience...
See: WineHQ AppDB: Steam / Official Release (Installation section)
Even running Steam from the command line, you'll get sandboxing error popups from the embedded Steam (CEF-based) web browser.

Bob
Leopard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leopard »

Bob Wya wrote:
Leopard wrote:

Some initial comments... Since I don't have much time to look over the terminal log just now...

You need to install the 32-bit DXVK dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll libraries as well.
Things should (roughly) look like:

find "${WINEPREFIX:-${HOME}/.wine}/drive_c/windows" -type l -iname "d*.dll" | xargs file
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/syswow64/dxgi_original.dll:  symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/32/dxgi.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3d11.dll:          symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/32/d3d11.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/system32/dxgi_original.dll:  symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/64/dxgi.dll
/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64//drive_c/windows/system32/d3d11.dll:          symbolic link to /mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/dxvk_steam_64/drive_c/dxvk/64/d3d11.dll
Well, probably the DXVK directory should be somewhere sensible... But that's another story!
Leopard wrote:

Steam really needs to be run with a Windows XP override - if you want a half decent experience...
See: WineHQ AppDB: Steam / Official Release (Installation section)
Even running Steam from the command line, you'll get sandboxing error popups from the embedded Steam (CEF-based) web browser.

Bob
Sorry for the epic late answer Bob.

So BoilingSteam is up again and this the guide i've followed.

https://boilingsteam.com/no-need-to-wai ... t-anymore/

With DXVK 0.50.

So like you said , these commands look like only targeting for x64.

What should i change to install 32 bit DXVK as well. I'm gonna upgrade it to DXVK 0.51
ashub

Post by ashub »

Maybe, but can you post the full log. (Use a Paste-bin esque site if it's over 200 lines please you can also explore in explorer.)

What exact command are you using to launch the game?
What present working directory (pwd) are you cd'ed to when you execute this command?

Does Skyrim Special Edition save games to your Windows user profile directories?
command?
If so are the saved games stored in subdirectories of your Linux HOME directory (via symbolic links, created by Wine)?

Code:
winetricks sandbox