Wine 3.0 stable is too old?

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
MightyOwlbear

Wine 3.0 stable is too old?

Post by MightyOwlbear »

I ran some tests using Wine 3.0 stable (which is still listed as the latest stable release both here on WineHQ and in the Ubuntu Artful repos), but found that it was no longer on the list of available options in the Tested release pull-down.

While I'm happy to go and upgrade to a development release for the sake of keeping up with the AppDB entries I maintain, it seems important to be able to submit results for the version that most people are likely to be using.

I suppose I'm wondering if this is a deliberate choice or an accidental oversight, and what current best practice is if we want to provide information about Wine stable.

Or if I'm being hideously dense and missing something obvious, for that matter.
dimesio

Re: Wine 3.0 stable is too old?

Post by dimesio »

The AppDB list includes the 8 most recent releases, which stay on the list for approximately 3 1/2 months. That normally keeps the most recent stable update on the list, but we're in a bit of an odd situation at the moment because the most recent stable update was for the 2.0.x branch rather than 3.0.x.

3.0.1 should be released soon (https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-d ... 26417.html), and will automatically appear at the top of the list when it does.

If you want to stick with the stable branch, wait for 3.0.1. Otherwise, test the latest development release. It's your choice.
MightyOwlbear

Re: Wine 3.0 stable is too old?

Post by MightyOwlbear »

Ah, thank you. That clears it up.

I'll probably hang on for the next stable release in this case, as I'm trying to identify which iterations a specific bug doesn't appear in.