Wine does not run any program

Questions about Wine on Android
SuperMagGT

Wine does not run any program

Post by SuperMagGT »

If i try to start program it gives error with four squares and Ā. I tried to run a lot of programs, but Wine did not run anything
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine does not run any program

Post by jkfloris »

Can you tell us something more about tablet/ phone/ Android device?
- Android version
- CPU architecture
- Wine version
SuperMagGT

Post by SuperMagGT »

My android version is 6.0.1 wine version 3.6 cpu is arm
Bumpt

Post by Bumpt »

Same problem while trying to install a game, which to be fair might not even be compatible as was an old one designed for Windows PC. The exe file can be downloaded from here https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/faq/ (top right corner, Game Download)

System specs:
Model: Bush Spira B2 10 tablet (MTKAC101BOX_BUSH)
Manufacturer: archos
Baseband Version: Not Available
RIL Version: Not Available
Build Number: [email protected]
Build Fingerprint: archos/MTKAC101BOX_BUSH/ac101box:6.0/MRA58K/20160617.013735:user/release-keys
Bootloader: unknown
Java VM: ART 2.1.0
OS Version: Marshmallow (6.0)
SDK: 23

DISPLAY
Resolution: 1920x1200 pixels
Software Density: 240 dpi (hdpi)
Refresh Rate: 45.03 Hz

PROCESSOR
CPU Architecture: AArch64 Processor rev 3 (aarch64)
Board: EM_T8
Chipset: MT8163
Cores: 4
Clock Speed: 600 MHz - 1500 MHz
Instruction Sets: arm64-v8a
CPU Features: fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU Governor: interactive
Kernel Version: 3.18.22
Kernel Architecture: aarch64

GRAPHICS
Renderer: Mali-T720
Vendor: ARM
OpenGL Version: OpenGL ES 3.0

RAM
Total: 1960 MB
Java Heap: 128 MB

Attached screenshot showing the error.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180515-160844.png
Bumpt

Post by Bumpt »

And just to add I tried this on Wine 3.0 and 3.8 beta.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

CPU Architecture: AArch64 Processor rev 3 (aarch64)
You can't run x86 apps on an ARM processor without CPU emulation, which Wine doesn't do.
Bumpt

Post by Bumpt »

Ah I see, thanks! Do you think it would be possible for me to run an x86 emulator alongside Wine to run the file? Or would that sort of being be impossible?

Sorry for my ignorance, tablet infrastructure is a bit of a mystery to me. Learned more in the last day trying to get this to work than I've earned in the last year :D
Bumpt

Post by Bumpt »

Sorry should have googled first, a brief search shows it can work with QEMU. Now I just need to find how that works! :D
Catachrest

Post by Catachrest »

I'm having the exact same problem and getting the same error, but I'm afraid I don't know how to find the information given by others above re: their processors etc and am finding a lot of the help documentation too technical to understand (I'm not dumb, I just don't have the necessary software background/knowledge and vocabulary to make use of what I'm reading).

I'm brand new to Wine, using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.0. I don't know how to find out what kind of processor it has - I've looked through the "about phone" and so on and haven't found it. Anyone willing to handhold me a little, or can anyone direct me to a more layperson-oriented step-by-step that might help? How do I know if an app is an x86 app or not? The app I want to use doesn't have an installer, it runs directly from the .exe. It was originally developed for Windows 9.x I believe and system requirements listed go back to Win 95. The developer notes that anecdotal evidence shows it works on Linux using Wine, but doesn't mention if it has been successfully used with android Wine.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Catachrest wrote:I'm brand new to Wine, using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.0. I don't know how to find out what kind of processor it has - I've looked through the "about phone" and so on and haven't found it.
According to Wikipedia that model uses either Exynos or Snapdragon processors, both of which are ARM.
How do I know if an app is an x86 app or not? The app I want to use doesn't have an installer, it runs directly from the .exe. It was originally developed for Windows 9.x
The only Windows apps for ARM are Windows RT and Windows CE apps. There is a Windows 10 for ARM, so theoretically there should be some ARM apps developed for that, too. All other Windows apps are x86.
Catachrest

Post by Catachrest »

Aahhh okay. After writing this I kept reading on and began to suspect that might be the case. Ah well. :( I guess I'll keep looking! Thanks for the reply :)