Horizon xbox tool black screen

Questions about Wine on Linux
leosanvieira

Horizon xbox tool black screen

Post by leosanvieira »

I installed Horizon(https://www.wemod.com/horizon) and although the install went well, the program only shows a black window after started.
Before installing it, i installed dotnet35 through winetricks as i knew it was necessary.
The thing is, it shows the same windows it would show if running and working on Microsoft Windows but all black instead, all but one in the middle that shows some text.

As the terminal messages were hoge(4K+ lines), i left that out, until someone tells me how to send such a file in here.

Arch Linux 64bits
wine-staging package version 1.9.17-1 on 32 bits WINEARCH
Attachments
3.png
3.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
2.png
2.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
1.png
1.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
leosanvieira

Re: Horizon xbox tool black screen

Post by leosanvieira »

After installing these packages from Arch Linux multilib repository: lib32-gnutls lib32-libldap, the first two windows do not appear anymore, knowing the application, it means now it can connect to the internet, but the main window is still all black, after further tests i realized i can maximize the app by clicking in what should be it's top bar and can also close it by clicking where the 'X' button also should be.
leosanvieira

Post by leosanvieira »

After some more experimentation, i made it work somehow by installing lib32-gtk3 package and activating the "Enable GTK3 Theming" in the Staging tab of winecfg. The app still opens with a black windows but after maximizing it, it shows the proper interface with some minor issues.

I plugged my Xbox360 formatted pendrive and the app recognized it, so it seems working but i couldn't do anymore testing.

If someone has a suggestion that doesn't involve experimental features, i'm still interested.
jeeves

Post by jeeves »

I would love to know the tinkering done here i have installed this multiple ways with no success, although i can get it running with wine-staging 2.21 on my on my xps 12 mint 18.3 but only black screen. The mouse seems to respond where things would be in the gui and the min, max, close button all show when highlighted and work so the program does run :) but i just cant view it any help on this would be great

Dell XPS 12
Linux Mint 18.3

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-staging
export WINEARCH="win32"
export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine
sudo apt-get install winetricks
winetricks dotnet35sp1

installed several versions of horizon but only black screen on them
Patola
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Patola »

So... No news on this issue yet? Tried wine-staging 2.21, wine 3.3, wine 3.5 to no avail, I always get the black window.
jeeves

Post by jeeves »

I really think it's an issue with privileges, even in windows you have to "run as administrator" to access the USB drives. I've been poking at it off and on but no luck this program is the one thing that i use windows for still i would love to get it working with wine.