Serious failure when trying to install dotnet40

Questions about Wine on Linux
frenchiveruti
Level 1
Level 1

Serious failure when trying to install dotnet40

Post by frenchiveruti »

Hello everyone.
I'm running wine 2.20 under a PC with "PUPPY LINUX TAHRPUP 6.0.6". For those who doesn't know, it's a linux variation that does everything on root level, I don't care as It's a portable OS and nothing can break it even running on root.

I've installed in previous opportunities vcrun2017, 2015, 2003, d3dx9 and several other programs. With no hassle.

I've been able to execute multiple wine programs such as Anno1503, Rimworld (Beta 18) and GreenFish Icon Editor Pro.

Now, I tried to install dotnet40 using the command:

Code: Select all

winetricks dotnet40
With the following error:

Code: Select all

fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware not handled
wine: Call from 0x7bc57003 to unimplemented function loadperf.dll.UnloadPerfCounterTextStringsW, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function loadperf.dll.UnloadPerfCounterTextStringsW called at address 0x7bc57003 (thread 0056), starting debugger...
Now, this issue arises a new window that looks like this:

And the "show details" details is in here https://pastebin.com/Wpt2beps

I would love to know a solution to this as I can't do anything without dotNet.
Thanks and have a nice day.
dimesio

Re: Serious failure when trying to install dotnet40

Post by dimesio »

Upgrade Wine. There was a regression affecting msi installers that began with 2.18 and wasn't fixed until 3.0-rc5.
Cybermax
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Cybermax »

dimesio wrote:Upgrade Wine. There was a regression affecting msi installers that began with 2.18 and wasn't fixed until 3.0-rc5.
Tried to install 3DMark11, and the setup.exe did not work. Then i tried to install the .MSI files directly, but got an error with "Installation needs to be on a local harddisk". Tried both the 32 and 64 bit MSI installers. Default path was c:\Program Files\Futuremark\3DMark11\. Tried to install to C:\3DMark11 aswell, but same error :)

That was with wine-3.0-rc6.

C
frenchiveruti
Level 1
Level 1

Post by frenchiveruti »

dimesio wrote:Upgrade Wine. There was a regression affecting msi installers that began with 2.18 and wasn't fixed until 3.0-rc5.
All righty, I upgraded wine to 2.22 and the problem is no longer around. At least for now.
Maybe later I'll go Into 3.0.
Thanks
Cybermax
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Cybermax »

Well.. ofc i could not install the .msi directly.. How dumb would that be..

I mean, running the .msi file and a dialogbox actually popping up meaning it would work? Nope.. msiexec /i whatever.msi is the right way obviously.

Well.. 3DMark11 did not work anyway, so i guess whatever heh.