Wine3-x86.apk and wine3-arm.apk

Questions about Wine on Android
wisor
Level 1
Level 1

Wine3-x86.apk and wine3-arm.apk

Post by wisor »

Hi Wine Community!
One day I found two wine 3 versions for android. Please explain how to use them.
I have an arm android device. I can install arm version but it runs only internal applications such as notepad, internet explorer or miner game. When I try to start other apps wine shows an error with unreadable symbols.
X86 cannot be installed on arm device. Is it like free version of Crossover?
Do you have any plans of development wine3 for arm android devices?
Maybe, are there any ways to tune-up wine3-arm for better compatibity, e.g. as Exagear?
dimesio

Re: Wine3-x86.apk and wine3-arm.apk

Post by dimesio »

It sounds like you already have it installed and working as well as it can. Wine does not do CPU emulation, so the ARM version cannot run x86 applications. Project Hangover is an attempt to get that working. https://wiki.winehq.org/WineConf2017#.2 ... _Hentschel
wisor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wisor »

Please explain it in more detail. I'm not a programmer.
What is the usage of wine3-arm.apk? Is it made to run windows rt apps in arm-android?
Or is wine3-arm.apk made for running windows x86 apps in arm64 devices?
Is Wine3-x86.apk made for android x86 devices to run usual windows desktop apps?
wisor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wisor »

Project Hangover, as I understand is for running windows x86 apps on arm64 devices. But why do wine-arm.apk installation environment include armv7i folder with wine files? What is the purpose and usage of this version of wine?
julliard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by julliard »

wine-arm.apk lets you run Windows RT ARM binaries on ARM devices.
It doesn't include a CPU emulator so it doesn't support x86 binaries at this point.
wisor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wisor »

Thank you for explanation!
wisor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wisor »

Please explain, how to mount/get access to internal storage and external sd card in your apk?
When I open "Run" menu in Wine.apk and press "browse" I can access /mnt/sdcard0 (..../sdcard1) but they are empty (not mounted).
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

wisor wrote:Please explain, how to mount/get access to internal storage and external sd card in your apk?
When I open "Run" menu in Wine.apk and press "browse" I can access /mnt/sdcard0 (..../sdcard1) but they are empty (not mounted).
This issue is possibly due to the current settings in the Wine APK.

I see there's a pull request on the Wine mirror.Which will of course be ignored.

Bob
david196520

Post by david196520 »

Bob Wya wrote:
wisor wrote:Please explain, how to mount/get access to internal storage and external sd card in your apk?

I see there's a pull request on the Wine mirror.Which will of course be ignored.

Bob
Thanks for resolve the issue.
samooz

Post by samooz »

Bob Wya wrote:

Bob
Thanks for clearing it. :)
jo19sh92

Post by jo19sh92 »

Why does the android version have the virus

Trojan/Swisyn.ardb

When scanned with VirusTotal?