wine-9999 config fails

Questions about Wine on Linux
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

wine-9999 config fails

Post by Brane2 »

All my ebuilds (Gentoo) of wine are failing on the same spot during config, so I tried compiling it manually, with the same result.

I used config:

Code: Select all

../wine/configure --prefix=/usr --includedir=/usr/include/wine-9999 --libdir=/usr/lib32/wine-9999 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec/wine-9999 \
--localstatedir=/var/wine-9999 --with-alsa --without-capi --with-cms --with-cups --with-curses --with-dbus --with-fontconfig --with-gnutls --enable-mshtml \
--with-gphoto --without-gsm --with-gstreamer --without-hal --with-jpeg --without-ldap --enable-mscoree --with-mpg123 --without-netapi --with-gettext --without-openal \
--with-opencl --with-opengl --with-osmesa --without-oss --without-pcap --with-png --without-pulse --with-pthread --without-sane --disable-tests --with-freetype --with-udev \
--with-v4l --with-x --with-xfixes --with-xcomposite --with-xinerama --with-xml --with-xslt --with-d3d9-nine --disable-win64
And failure is:

checking for X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h... yes
checking for X11/extensions/xf86vmproto.h... yes
checking for XkbQueryExtension in -lX11... no
checking for -lXcursor... not found
checking for -lXi... not found
checking for XShmQueryExtension in -lXext... no
checking for XShapeQueryExtension in -lXext... no
checking for -lXxf86vm... not found
checking for -lXfixes... not found
configure: error: libxfixes 32-bit development files not found, Xfixes won't be supported.
This is an error since --with-xfixes was requested.
Thing is, I do have libXfixes installed, in both 64 and 32-bit versions.

Then I checked configure.ac and the testing macto looks like this:

AC_COMPILE_IFELSE([AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xfixes.h>]], [[static typeof(XFixesQueryVersion) * func; if (func) return 0;]])],
                  [WINE_CHECK_SONAME(Xfixes,XFixesQueryVersion,,,[$X_LIBS $X_EXTRA_LIBS])])
        fi
I tried compilign that snippet manually and it finishes fine. That WINE_CHECK_SONAME looks worrying, though.
Is it possible that libXfixes.so is missing in LIBS or EXTRA_LIBS ?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: wine-9999 config fails

Post by Bob Wya »

@Brane2,

You're probably using the Gentoo repository package app-emulation/wine - that has been depreciated for months now...
See: Gentoo Wiki Wine: New Packaging ...

If you want to continue to use the older single-slotted app-emulation/wine then I maintain an up-to-date copy of this in my Layman Overlay ::bobwya (surprise!)
This also has some fixes for making the Wine Staging patchset easier to install on the live 9999 ebuild version.
See: Github: bobwya / bobwya Wiki Wine Packages ...

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion... 8)

Bob
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Brane2 »

Bob Wya wrote:@Brane2,

You're probably using the Gentoo repository package app-emulation/wine - that has been depreciated for months now...
No, it fails with wne-d3d9, too, whch is the one I was using. But since that one contains many patches, I thought I try with old wine before reporting an issue here.

I just tried emerging wine-d3d9-9999 and it fails on the same place.

I use hardened profile BTW, but that shouldn't matter here I suppose...
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Brane2 wrote: No, it fails with wne-d3d9, too, whch is the one I was using. But since that one contains many patches, I thought I try with old wine before reporting an issue here.

I just tried emerging wine-d3d9-9999 and it fails on the same place.

I use hardened profile BTW, but that shouldn't matter here I suppose...
Hmmm... Now that is more puzzling... :?

What's the output from:

equery files x11-libs/libXfixes
emerge --info
Also the full =app-emulation/wine-d3d-9999 build log would be useful.
You can attached compressed text files to WineHQ forum posts (as long as they are under 200Kb).

Ta
Bob
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Brane2 »

Bob Wya wrote:
Brane2 wrote: What's the output from:

equery files x11-libs/libXfixes
emerge --info
equery files x11-libs/libXfixes :

* Searching for libXfixes ...
 * Contents of x11-libs/libXfixes-5.0.3:
/usr
/usr/include
/usr/include/X11
/usr/include/X11/extensions
/usr/include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h
/usr/lib32
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so -> libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so.3 -> libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib32/pkgconfig
/usr/lib32/pkgconfig/xfixes.pc
/usr/lib64
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so -> libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3 -> libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/xfixes.pc
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/ChangeLog.bz2
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/README.bz2
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man3
/usr/share/man/man3/Xfixes.3.bz2
emerge --info :

Portage 2.3.13 (python 3.4.6-final-0, hardened/linux/amd64, gcc-7.2.0, glibc-2.25-r9, 4.12.14-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.12.14-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_A8-7650K_Radeon_R7,_10_Compute_Cores_4C+6G-with-gentoo-2.4.1
KiB Mem:    14313736 total,  10228820 free
KiB Swap:    4194300 total,   4194300 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 09:00:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: a4addd04c4f6233c75589c49fa28ee0e5d82c03f
sh bash 4.3_p48-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.29.1 p2) 2.29.1
app-shells/bash:          4.3_p48-r1::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0-r3::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.3::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.14-r1::gentoo, 3.4.6-r1::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.8.2::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.4.1-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.34.9::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.10-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r2::gentoo, 1.15.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.29.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            5.4.0-r3::gentoo, 5.5.0-r3::mine, 6.4.0::mine, 7.2.0::mine
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.8-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.12::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.25-r9::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:

hardware
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 100

mine
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 100

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fuse-linker-plugin -fuse-ld=gold"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fuse-linker-plugin -fuse-ld=gold"
DISTDIR="/usr/local/portage/distfiles_server"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs buildpkg config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync multilib-strict news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://tux.rainside.sk/gentoo/ rsync://mirrors.telepoint.bg/gentoo/ ftp://tux.rainside.sk/gentoo/ http://gentoo.mirror.web4u.cz/ rsync://mirror.leaseweb.com/gentoo/ ftp://gentoo.imj.fr/pub/gentoo/ rsync://mirror.netcologne.de/gentoo/ ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/gentoo http://mirror.qubenet.net/mirror/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo"
LANG="sl_SI.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
PKGDIR="/usr/local/portage/packages/brane_wrks1"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 acl alsa amd64 berkdb bindist bluray bmp bzip2 cairo cdda cli colord cracklib crypt cups cxx dbus dri drm dts dvb dvd egl evdev exif fbcon flac fontforge fuse gdbm gif gimp gles2 glib gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk hardened hwaccel iconv ipv6 jpeg jpeg2k justify libevent libnotify libressl matroska modules mp3 mpeg multilib ncurses nfs nls nptl nsplugin ogg opencl opengl openmp opus osmesa pam pcre physics pie png policykit postscript raw readline rtsp seccomp session sound ssl ssp svg systemd tcpd theora threads tiff truetype twolame udev udisks unicode urandom usb v4l vdpau vorbis vulkan wayland x264 x265 xattr xinerama xpm xtpax zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx fma3 fma4 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 xop" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6 php7-0" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Also the full =app-emulation/wine-d3d-9999 build log would be useful.
You can attached compressed text files to WineHQ forum posts (as long as they are under 200Kb)./quote]

It's short, but I tarbzipped it anyway...
Attachments
build.tar.bz2
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@Brane2,

I've gone through that info with a fine tooth-comb... But I'm still stumped as to what's going wrong!! :?
I'd retest with the =app-emulation/wine-vanilla-9999 package version...
Since that has no external patch-sets to interfere with a live build.
Also perhaps test without: custom-cflags enabled...

Both long shots - as I can successfully configure a checked-out Wine Git source, at your tested Git commit (with 64-bit disabled).
So obviously something is a bit borked on your system... 8)

Maybe you could file a bug on the Gentoo Bugzilla ?

Bob
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Brane2 »

Bob Wya wrote: So obviously something is a bit borked on your system... 8)
With Gentoo, system borkage is essential path of evolution.

Each fuckup is simply an revolutionary attempt that fizzled out... :mrgreen:
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Brane2 »

Bob Wya wrote:@Brane2,

I've gone through that info with a fine tooth-comb... But I'm still stumped as to what's going wrong!! :?
I'd retest with the =app-emulation/wine-vanilla-9999 package version...
Since that has no external patch-sets to interfere with a live build.
Also perhaps test without: custom-cflags enabled...

I just did. I turned off custom-cflags and tried with wine-vanilla. Same result.
custom-cflags is just a remnant of the times when I used to compile wine with agressive LTO flags, but nowadays I use simple -O2, so this shouldn't matter...

I also tried with various gcc versions. 5.5.0, 6.4.0 and 7.2.0 fail at the same point.

I'll comb-through configure for exact code used and try to look at what exactly is failing...
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Brane2 wrote: ...
I just did. I turned off custom-cflags and tried with wine-vanilla. Same result.
custom-cflags is just a remnant of the times when I used to compile wine with aggressive LTO flags, but nowadays I use simple -O2, so this shouldn't matter...

I also tried with various gcc versions. 5.5.0, 6.4.0 and 7.2.0 fail at the same point.

I'll comb-through configure for exact code used and try to look at what exactly is failing...
I was doing just that... But the Wine configure test for libXfixes is pretty basic... :( :? :?:

I've got the same library version of x11-libs/libXfixes installed on my system (well it's the only one available)...
Only difference is that I've built the package with debug symbols enabled:

equery -C files x11-libs/libXfixes
/usr
/usr/include
/usr/include/X11
/usr/include/X11/extensions
/usr/include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/debug
/usr/lib/debug/usr
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib32
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so.3.1.0.debug
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0.debug
/usr/lib32
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so.3
/usr/lib32/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib32/pkgconfig
/usr/lib32/pkgconfig/xfixes.pc
/usr/lib64
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3
/usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/xfixes.pc
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/ChangeLog.bz2
/usr/share/doc/libXfixes-5.0.3/README.bz2
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man3
/usr/share/man/man3/Xfixes.3.bz2
Bob
Brane2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Brane2 »

It seems that all my compile/link tests fail because they link against libraries in /usr/lib, which is softlink to /usr/lib64 and so test is trying to compile 32-bit executable and link it against 64-bit libraries...

Do I have that link wrong or is it something else ?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Brane2 wrote:It seems that all my compile/link tests fail because they link against libraries in /usr/lib, which is softlink to /usr/lib64 and so test is trying to compile 32-bit executable and link it against 64-bit libraries...

Do I have that link wrong or is it something else ?
Now you're really clutching at straws! My system has that symbolic link in place as well.
That wouldn't cause a failure to find the library in the Wine configure stage anyway!
Just file a Gentoo bug - let greater minds than ours ponder the question... 8)

Bob