mono foo.exe directory format

Questions about Wine on Linux
yellowMouse

mono foo.exe directory format

Post by yellowMouse »

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I am having trouble running a windows dotnet app in linux using mono.

I'm running:

mono foo.exe

It's a black-box program, which opens a window asking for a directory. It then checks if there is some sort of data in the targeted directory. With the data I am using, I've confirmed this software works in a VM.

I want to get it to run in linux using mono.

I've tried putting in:
Z:\path\to\directory (wine-style)
and also
/path/to/directory
but neither of those work. It says the data is not there, but when I try with the same data in VM it works fine.

So I am thinking it is a problem with the directory syntax?

But when I compiled a mono program to check the directory, it returned the unix directory:

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Reflection;

public class HelloWorld
{
  static public void Main ()
  {
    Console.WriteLine (Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetEntryAssembly().Location));
  }
}

$mcs hello.cs && mono hello.exe

/path/to/directory
Why then is there an error when I enter the directory using the unix directory syntax? Is it because the program was compiled under windows originally?

What directory syntax should I be using?
dimesio

Re: mono foo.exe directory format

Post by dimesio »

yellowMouse wrote:Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I am having trouble running a windows dotnet app in linux using mono.

I'm running:

mono foo.exe
That should be

wine foo.exe
and you need wine-mono installed, not Linux mono.

Depending on what version of .NET this app needs, you may need to install native .NET.