post quota

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
dajo
Level 1
Level 1

post quota

Post by dajo »

I registered in order to ask a question about using wine, I have had a text rendering problem. My post requires two screenshots. After writing the post I tried to add the files, which you do at the bottom of the page, and finally found a message at the top of the page (and, in fact, off-screen, hence invisible in effect) informing me that my files were too big. Well, I get that, so I reduced them to 64mB, 76mB, and 21mB (the two screenshots had to edited to three shots) and had another go. This time the error message - I was looking for it this time - was that my quota had been exceeded. So I logged out and logged in, did it all again, with the same result.

This sequence of events is at least disappointing. Please tell me how to submit a short post with three screenshot files of the sizes indicated.
dajo
dimesio

Re: post quota

Post by dimesio »

The maximum attachment size is 256 KB. If you can't get your screenshots below that, upload them somewhere else and post a link.
dajo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dajo »

Whoops, my typo error. Those numbers, 64, 76, and 21 should be kB, not mB.

The problem remains. When I first ran into the attachment file size problem the message was that my file size was too large, so I dealt with it. The quota exceeded message came later, after the files sizes had been reduced to below 256kB.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

I think you might have misread the error message. The board as a whole has a 50MB limit on attachments, and what I see is that we are now at 49.99 MB, so I think that's the real problem.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Jeremy raised the board limit to 2000MB, so you should now be able to upload attachments.
dajo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dajo »

dimesio wrote:Jeremy raised the board limit to 2000MB, so you should now be able to upload attachments.
Thank you very much. It is not necessary for me to do the upload now because you have already solved the originating problem for me, for which, also, thank you. See post "menu text rendering failure" in the Linux forum.