Metatrader4 unresponsive after some hours

Questions about Wine on Linux
nadia

Metatrader4 unresponsive after some hours

Post by nadia »

Running Debian stretch, which is the latest Debian, using kernel 4.9.0-2-amd64.
Wine version is wine-2.0-rc1
MT4 version is 4.00 build 1090.

After a while it stops taking commands from the Expert Advisors (trading robots) for no reason which is related to the EA's at all. It just stops working. I have to either reload mt4 or re compile the EA's in order to get it to start executing the EA's commands again.

Can't find any relevant info on this issue that is actually helpful so I've come here as a last resort. This is not the first issue with unresponsiveness from MT4 after a while of being used (usually happens after 4 hours or constant running time). So I can basically say that after a couple of hours, some feature of the MT4 stop working and its not a network or a coding issue because I've verified these 2 possibilities and correctly ruled them out already.

Will I have to have another robot clicking on the compile button or restart the mt4 platform with a bash script in order to get past this issue or is there a working solution?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Metatrader4 unresponsive after some hours

Post by Bob Wya »

nadia wrote:...
Wine version is wine-2.0-rc1
That's Release Candidate 1 for Wine release 2.0.

tl;dr you're using a version of Wine that is no longer supported...

Supported versions of Wine are currently: stable (2.0.1), development (2.10) and Wine Staging (2.9).

See WineHQ Download: Debian ...

Bob