Spotted errors in "Distributions" list

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
Faalagorn
Level 2
Level 2

Spotted errors in "Distributions" list

Post by Faalagorn »

(Update: see below) Since I was being posted here, as the small mistakes belong more to the forums rather than bug tracker (which actually makes sense, thanks for pointing this out :)), I'm basically reposting what I previously posted on bug tracker, about the small mistakes found in distribution list:

Distribution list is what it seems at the first glance far from being perfect, but since it can be easily browsable by clicking the "Distribution" link in the left menu on AppHQ, I thought I'll give a try listing the most blatant errors on just the first page I spotted. I opted out to make just a one bug entry, to avoid cluttering with too much new bugs for each spotted mistake.

I'd be glad helping to clean it even more if there's a need, though for that it would be really handy to know someone I could consult the changes with and fix them in a timely manner. If there's a way though, just guide me where's the best place to do so!
  • 1.0.3.0 - someone mistakenly filled distribtuion with application version, it's not a Linux distro. FIXED
  • Antegros 32 bit and Antergos 64bit - missing space. FIXED Also the 64-bit link is http: instead https:
  • Aptosid 32bit URL is lacking the http: part altogether, resulting in a dead link FIXED
  • Arch Linux and Arch Linux x86_64 points to http://wiki.winehq.org/Arch_Linux instead an official website like other distro do - which funny enough is a dead link. FIXED Also, I have a feeling that the omission of any 32-bit indication in Arch Linux might lead to some accidentally choosing it on 64-bit distros, which may be more troubling as the 32-bit support is being phased out (and totally dropping at the end of 2017).
Again, it's only the first glance on the first page. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to fix the issues myself, but I believe it should be easy for AppDB Admin. There are related bug reports that mention improving adding on distribution, so it's something to look in the future. In the meantime, I'd be glad with Arch and Antergos changes, as they are trending as a rolling release gaming OS nowadays, and coincidentally the ones I use myself :)

EDIT: Seems I'm being too sleepy already; just realized most of the issues were actually fixed before pointing me here, my bad, sorry :oops: . However, since the thread is already posted, let me edit it out and keep it at future hub for spotting those issues - I will update whenever I spot something new, but anyone is free to hijack this thread with their own spotting, as long as no one mind having a one thread for it.
Last edited by Faalagorn on Sun May 07, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dimesio

Re: Spotted errors in "Distributions" list; 1st page

Post by dimesio »

As I noted in your bug report, I already fixed those items. I also fixed a lot of links to the WineHQ wiki that should not have been there (even the ones that worked), as the field is supposed to be a URL for the distro home page.
Faalagorn
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Spotted errors in "Distributions" list; 1st page

Post by Faalagorn »

dimesio wrote:As I noted in your bug report, I already fixed those items. I also fixed a lot of links to the WineHQ wiki that should not have been there (even the ones that worked), as the field is supposed to be a URL for the distro home page.
Yes, thank you very much for this. It was quick and helpful :). Unfortunately I realized this shortly after making an actual post - let's blame it for a late hour for the time being :oops: . After realizing it I also updated the thread to reflect that, but my edit was actually slower than your reply, sadly :( However, if it's okay and my updated description fits, I will use it instead of creating a new thread in case I spot some more errors when I decide to stumble more into the list. I don't mind others doing so as I stated, as long as it's fine, to potentially avoid cluttering the forums with plethora of new threads.