Firefox shows only blank tabs

Questions about Wine on Linux
beos

Firefox shows only blank tabs

Post by beos »

Latest Firefox 51.0.1 (32-bit). Wine 2.0 (but same behavior in earlier versions). When using winecfg to set a newer version of windows (for example Windows 7) and then start Firefox it starts up with a completely blank tab. Menus settings etc work, but the tab is blank. Seems to be related to this:

Code: Select all

[Parent 37] WARNING: Failed to launch tab subprocess: file c:/builds/moz2_slave/m-rel-w64-00000000000000000000/build/src/ipc/glue/GeckoChildProcessHost.cpp, line 574
Funny thing is that, first time after install in this 32-bit Win7 prefix, it shows the tabs, but after closing and restarting the browser the tabs are all blank. Any ideas? Need to run with higher windows version since some add-ons and other program requires higher than XP win version.
dimesio

Re: Firefox shows only blank tabs

Post by dimesio »

File a bug.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

spiregrain

Post by spiregrain »

Hello. I was able to get it to start working by disabling multiprocess in Firefox. (AKA Electrolysis AKA e10s).

You can go to about:config and change browser.tabs.remote.autostart to false. I also had to change browser.tabs.remote.autostart2 to false; and then restart firefox.
jayshomebrew

Post by jayshomebrew »

Thank you. Thank you! :D
I only needed to change this:
browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2