Studio One 3 says it requires Windows 7

Questions about Wine on Linux
in3D

Studio One 3 says it requires Windows 7

Post by in3D »

Hi! I'm new to Wine and Linux in general so I'm sorry if my problem could've been solved without coming to the forum.

I downloaded the 64 bit version of Studio One 3 and the installer ran perfectly. When I launch the program though, it says it requires Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update or later.

In the terminal it says:

Code: Select all

gaib@Gaibys-Laptop:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/PreSonus/Studio One 3$ wine "Studio One.exe"
fixme:shell:SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID L"PreSonus.StudioOne": stub
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
gaib@Gaibys-Laptop:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/PreSonus/Studio One 3$ 
I looked up all the problems here and found that there are some solutions to the TLS library one. One said to install gnutls and then reinstall Wine. I did that but it did not affect the terminal output.
dimesio

Re: Studio One 3 says it requires Windows 7

Post by dimesio »

in3D wrote: I downloaded the 64 bit version of Studio One 3 and the installer ran perfectly. When I launch the program though, it says it requires Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update or later.
Did you set the Windows version to 7 in winecfg? Another possibility is this could be related to https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37781.

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
Do what it says.
I looked up all the problems here and found that there are some solutions to the TLS library one. One said to install gnutls and then reinstall Wine. I did that but it did not affect the terminal output.
Did you also install 32 bit gnutls? You need to. If you are using the Ubuntu packages, another possibility is https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32479.
in3D

Post by in3D »

Is opening "Configure Wine" the same as editing winecfg? If so I tried it as Windows 7 and 8. Neither worked. Is that bug fixable yet?

So by do what it says do you mean I should just

sudo apt-get install winbind
?
in3D

Post by in3D »

Oh and also the package I installed was called "libgnutls-dev:i386"
I'm not sure if that's 32 or 64 bit.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

in3D wrote:Is opening "Configure Wine" the same as editing winecfg? If so I tried it as Windows 7 and 8. Neither worked. Is that bug fixable yet?

So by do what it says do you mean I should just

sudo apt-get install winbind
?
Yes to both questions.
in3D

Post by in3D »

OK so installing winbind removed an issue but the other two still prevent it from opening.
stefanovic

Post by stefanovic »

Hello,

I'm running into the same problem on my mac, with wine 1.7.52: W7 SP1 is required, though I configured wine to pretend it's windows 10. Any news on this ?

Cheers,

Stéphane
dimesio

Post by dimesio »