Civilization V install & run on mac using wine

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ozzman1785

Civilization V install & run on mac using wine

Post by ozzman1785 »

Hey guys i am trying to install and run Civilization V on my Mac using wine. Since I am new to Wine could someone please be kind enough to give me a step by step guide.. I have an iso of the game. I mount it and then try to install it. The installer works but after that the Civilization.exe file doesn respond to the double click. I am lost guys please help me out.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Civilization V install & run on mac using wine

Post by doh123 »

ozzman1785 wrote:Hey guys i am trying to install and run Civilization V on my Mac using wine. Since I am new to Wine could someone please be kind enough to give me a step by step guide.. I have an iso of the game. I mount it and then try to install it. The installer works but after that the Civilization.exe file doesn respond to the double click. I am lost guys please help me out.
you cannot double click a .exe on a Mac to run it in Wine... unless you have some 3rd party app that handles that.

For normal Wine you run it from the command line the same way you run the installer...

You'll need to winetricks on some packages, listed in the AppDB... and run the DX9 version.

It actually runs really good... I've been playing it on the Wineskin port thats floating around some torrents on my Macbook Pro 13"er... so I didn't do any of the config myself... the great thing about Wineskin wrappers, let someone else do all the work for you, throw your game inside and now its a Mac app, double click and play :-)