windows apps on mac using wine don't connect to internet

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ace.neerav
Level 2
Level 2

windows apps on mac using wine don't connect to internet

Post by ace.neerav »

I'm running mac os x 10.6.4 and latest version of wine installed by macports. my windows apps are not able to connect to the internet. I have an active internet connection over wifi. any help?

Neerav
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: windows apps on mac using wine don't connect to internet

Post by doh123 »

ace.neerav wrote:I'm running mac os x 10.6.4 and latest version of wine installed by macports. my windows apps are not able to connect to the internet. I have an active internet connection over wifi. any help?

Neerav
if you have your firewall on... make sure its not set to block X11.app or Xquartz or whatever your using for X11... it'll block Wine too.

Other than that.. not sure, it all connects fine for me.
ace.neerav
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ace.neerav »

the firewall is off.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

ace.neerav wrote:the firewall is off.
Have you tried multiple applications? which ones? Just installing Gecko then opening iexplore.exe should show the Wine homepage as a test.
ace.neerav
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ace.neerav »

tried installing googletalk labs edition, tried the built in version of ie. tried surfing after installing ie8 (winxp version). none work.

also, toolbar icons are not displayed in any of my apps (poweriso, ie8, etc…)

Neerav
ace.neerav
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ace.neerav »

doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

if you installed IE8 into the prefix, its probably hosed... make a brand new clean prefix.. then just do something simple like winetricks an install of Firefox, which should work fine... then you'll be able to test for sure that its actually an internet connection problem...

If you really need IE in a prefix for something, your better off using IE7, which somewhat works... IE8 basically will not work at all.