Issues running LOTRO with Wine on mac 10.5

Questions about Wine on macOS.
thejahbob

Post by thejahbob »

Hello folks,

I'm fairly new to Wine but I've always wanted to play LOTRO on my macbook pro so I installed Wine 1.2 and winebottler and followed the instructions that the lorebook and others had in installing it (created prefix/bottle of lotro installer, installed lotro, installed pylotro into prefix/bottle [but to load pylotro I would have to go into the bottle and find the pylotro.exe and run with wine]

Here's my problem... when I run Pylotro through wine it loads up just fine saying, "Initialising, please wait...
Available languages checked.
Fetched details from GLS data centre.
Realm list obtained.
World queue configuration read"

sounds good, but when I log in it loads a blank X11 output window and sits there.... nothing else happens no error message or anything! I've reinstalled like four times with the same problem.

I've used Crossover games before, but the trial has expired and I'd rather not buy it because I don't have the money. It worked with crossover games so I know there's hope.

I've honestly spent the past 3 days researching and going through forums for solutions and haven't found anyone who is willing to share how they got lotro to work with wine and winebottler on a mac. I will deeply appreciate any help offered: )
James Mckenzie

Post by James Mckenzie »

thejahbob <[email protected]> wrote:
Sent: Jul 21, 2010 8:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Wine] Issues running LOTRO with Wine on mac 10.5

Hello folks,

I'm fairly new to Wine but I've always wanted to play LOTRO on my macbook pro so I installed Wine 1.2 and
winebottler.
Please go to Mike Kroneberg's web site and ask about this there. We do not provide support here for WineBottler, he does.

James McKenzie