Steam app slowly consuming storage space whilst open

Questions about Wine on macOS.
apri_but_

Steam app slowly consuming storage space whilst open

Post by apri_but_ »

Ive been trying to get the windows version of steam working through wine on macOS. The most recent problem ive encountered is whilst im logged into steam, my remaining storage space slowly reduces about 0.05-0.10 GB per refresh.
I found that all the space taken up is entirely found in the folder Steam>dumps>reports. i only have a base of 12 GB free storage and once its almost all used up steam refuses to open.
Sometimes steam also clears this folder whilst running but ive found no way to get it happening consistently- most of the time it fills up before doing this and i have to completely uninstall steam to get it working again (clearing the reports folder by hand makes steam unable to open properly which i havent been able to work around)
Any help would be really appreciated

This is a copy of a question asked on the subreddit r/wine_gaming by me, im asking it here as well as i didnt get any responses and still have the issue.
Additional information i missed in the original post:
The macOS is bigSur 11.4, i am using wine engine WS11WineCX64Bit20.0.2 with a wrapper version of 2.9.0.9-3 on a modified version of wine madde by GCenx
Upon updating to a new update steam, what ive described isnt a problem for that session until steam is closed where its a problem when reopened again.

I understand that this is a problem with steam not wine but am unsure where else to ask whilst getting any help
Thanks!