Street Legal Racing: Redline hangs on startup

Questions about Wine on macOS.
passengerpigeon

Street Legal Racing: Redline hangs on startup

Post by passengerpigeon »

Hello community,
I am trying to get this game to work under WINE on Mac OS 10.9.5, but it doesn't seem to run. I first installed it using the Windows installer to the default .wine/drive_c folder, launched the application .exe using my then-outdated version of WINE (can't remember what it was, unfortunately), and the game audio proceeded to play but the screen was completely black. I then updated WINE to 5.0 and XQuartz to the latest version as well, tested two other games which both worked, and then opened Street Legal Racing. This time the app got to the loading screen with no audio and froze. I tried it once more, and it somehow worked, but when I went into the menu, changed the resolution to 1440x900 and closed the program, it was borked the next time I tried to open it and this continues despite me uninstalling and reinstalling it with the Windows installer. To top it all off, when the WINE Preloader throws up a Program Error box after each hang, the "Show Details" button is bugged as clicking it gives me no details and just closes the box. How can I find out what the error was, or does anybody already know what the issue is? I also installed the DirectX End-User Runtime files from the Microsoft website and copy-pasted them into the .wine/drive_c/windows/System32 folder; is this the right place?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Street Legal Racing: Redline hangs on startup

Post by Gcenx »

Are you’ve not provided any terminal output there’s not much anyone can do to help you.

Also you need to use winetricks to install DirectX dlls correctly.

As your running mac OS X 10.9 you won’t have access to any of the new prebuilt packages you’ll be forced to compile them from source, to do this you’ll need to install Macports along with my overlay https://github.com/Gcenx/macports-wine

You can’t install the wine packages Macports provides directly as those are actually older then the packages uploaded to Winehq.