Mac OS : Multisim

Questions about Wine on macOS.
jasonlazo

Mac OS : Multisim

Post by jasonlazo »

Hello everyone, I have seen a similar scenario to the following but all the solutions have not worked for me so please bare with me.

Running: Mac OS 11.2.2
Wrapper Version: Wineskin 2.9.0.8-3
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.2-2

Trying to run Multisim 14.1, was able to install just fine but I get the follow errors (6 of them) when I run the app.

-Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine
- Problem accessing the database: The Master Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Master Database will not be available.
-Problem accessing the database: The Corporate Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Corporate Database will not be available.
-Problem accessing the database: The User Database cannot be accessed. Features using the User Database will not be available.

Now when I go to the component 'library' there is nothing there, thus I am not able to create any circuits in Multisim, I am able to open existing files and edit them but again cannot add any components.
---------------
From reading other forum posts Ive been directed to install jet40 under Winetricks. When I attempt to run jet40 I get the message

-warning: This package (jet40) does not work on a 64-bit installation. You must use a prefix made with WINEARCH=win32.

Now my question. Everything I try from other posts to make a 32 bit prefix has not worked for me (maybe I just need dumbed down instructions on how to do it). But I am not sure if simply installing the jet40 under Winetricks fix this issue.
Anyone have any experience on how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced.