EXE Files convert into .desktop files.... HELP

Questions about Wine on macOS.
AbsoluteReason

EXE Files convert into .desktop files.... HELP

Post by AbsoluteReason »

Tried every engine and always the same. Smooth installation, but every single engine creates a .desktop file instead of an application that can be run by MACOSX. I dont know what to do since there is so little information out there. The game I am trying to run is registered on wineskin, confirmed by the developers but its not actually on the websites database. So I cant get more info there. I dont know if im missing some sort of extra things like winetricks and if there are some that are simply required for most apps, please let me know!. The game is called Pokeone and has a very simple requirement to run. Please somebody respond to this if they have any information to give regarding anything I've mentioned!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: EXE Files convert into .desktop files.... HELP

Post by Gcenx »

The .desktop files are generated by wine, Wineskin isn't designed to handle .desktop file it's intended to be used to create wine wrappers that function like native ports.

Once you've installed the application/game your intending to run exit the installer and select it for the "Windows EXE:" field now on subsequent launches the selected application will be launched.