game running in slowmode

Questions about Wine on macOS.
aikADX

game running in slowmode

Post by aikADX »

I'm new to programming and wine, and I don't know anything about coding and things. I use wine just to play windows games on MacOS. I was using wine version 1.8.6 before and something was wrong with winetricks and I couldn't allocate more VRAM to the app so I switched to the latest stable version. I installed homebrew and wine, xquartz, and used homebrew to install winetricks. Then I run my game and noticed everything is in slowmode. When I want my character to move left and right, they move in a 0.5 time speed compared to the normal game. And also sometimes there is no volume. The slowness of character is reduced overtime, but when it switches to another scene it gets slow again. When I was using 1.8.6 it didn't have this problem but the game crashes randomly.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: game running in slowmode

Post by Gcenx »

What game are you trying to run?
aikADX

Re: game running in slowmode

Post by aikADX »

all the i wanna games(I wanna be the guy etc.) had the same problem. I noticed the problem when I was trying to play i wanna fa trap 2. Before I was using winebottler 1.8.6 and that didn't happen, but it literally crashes every 2 minutes when I use winebottler. Then I switched to wineskin winery but the program then took up too much space and couldn't load the textures for some of the parts. And now I'm using winehq which all the things just slows down. Correction that it's not just player which slows down, all the things that makes a change slows down. It happens when the game is loading in large amount of things. And it would get better if you just stand there and let it load, but I can't just stand there for 15 minutes everytime it switches scene. Is there any fixes to this? I think the VRAM is a bit too low.