Error: please insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application

Questions about Wine on macOS.
cosmosub

Error: please insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application

Post by cosmosub »

Dear all,

using Wine I've installed an old PC game on my iMac (21.5 inch, late 2013 - macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6), however, when I run the installed application, it keeps warning me with the error message in object:

I previously already copied the content of the original CD to a folder (my iMac doesn't afford a CD/DVD reader), so I though that configuring the proper logic unit with the relevant path could be enough:

Unfortunately this is not the case: no matter how I configure the logical unit Z: the application keeps stopping and warning me with the error message "Please insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application". :o(

Am I missing something?
Is there any workaround to avoid the application looking for the CD?

Thank you ni advance for your time!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Error: please insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application

Post by Gcenx »

Copying the files from the CD hardly ever provides what the disk check requires.

You need to provide the CD as requested.
You could also track down official patches as sometimes these newer patches removed the CD check (like Diablo 2)

If no official patches remove the CD check then you’ll need to track down a patcher that removes the CD check, as this would be considered circumventing DRM/Piracy nobody will be able to assist you with this on Winehq
cosmosub

Re: Error: please insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application

Post by cosmosub »

Dear Gcenx,
You could also track down official patches as sometimes these newer patches removed the CD check
I confirm: downloading and installing the latest Sub Command V108 Cumulative Patch fixed the issue!

Many thanks for your help. :D