How you delete prefix on Mac air

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Killerbee8991
Level 1
Level 1

How you delete prefix on Mac air

Post by Killerbee8991 »

Who do I delete unnecessary prefix, I’m kinda sure there causing my system to open console showing errors, and I don’t use them. Much help would be appreciated.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How you delete prefix on Mac air

Post by Gcenx »

What errors?, I’ll say on Mojave I see errors when running “wine” but not “wine64” due to some weirdness when apple build the 32Bit libraries as these don’t appear on lower macOS versions

The default prefix is a hidden directory within your users home directory .wine
Killerbee8991
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Killerbee8991 »

Well to be honest with you, I was fulling around with winetricks now I have 11 different in run directly. And error im getting in my console are opendirectoryd and sandbox.
Killerbee8991
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Killerbee8991 »

Gcenx wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:36 am What errors?, I’ll say on Mojave I see errors when running “wine” but not “wine64” due to some weirdness when apple build the 32Bit libraries as these don’t appear on lower macOS versions

The default prefix is a hidden directory within your users home directory .wine
I don't know if my message was sent because I couldn't see it on thread but anyways my console say im having errors with opendirectord and sandbox as well. Also as side note some games I was able to run before are now saying file signature checkers with bunch question mark. And I have 11 different prefix so yea lol
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

It’s better to provide some terminal output showing the errors.

Also don’t randomly installing winetricks verbs this of course can cause issues.

It’s always best to have a separate wineprefix for each application/game especially if they require any winetricks verbs to be installed to function