Counter-Strike Condition Zero mouse issues

Questions about Wine on macOS.
detta283

Counter-Strike Condition Zero mouse issues

Post by detta283 »

I know that there's a Steam version of this game for Mac, but I am running 10.6 Snow Leopard on a 2006 MBP so Steam is not an option. I'm running my CD version of the game under Wine, and everything is fine but the mouse. The mouse input is choppy, almost seems like the game is laggy when I'm turning. This is not the case however, as I can turn perfectly smooth with the arrow left/right keys. This choppy turning is the same regardless of what mouse I use, the built-in trackpad, wired USB mouse, or my wireless trackball.

Anyone have an idea as to why it's like this? Anyone else able to test it out? I run other games like Battlefront 2 and Oblivion in Wine without this issue, so it may be a game/engine specific issue.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Counter-Strike Condition Zero mouse issues

Post by Gcenx »

I’m not sure what can really be done as your running 10.6 and I’d had bad luck getting recent wine versions running on a 10.6 VM.

I believe the last version of wine that somewhat functioned within a 10.6 VM was Wine-5.0 that was built from source within that same VM.

You might want to look into running 10.9 on an unsupported MacBook Pro, if your able to do this then you’ll have access to all Winehq packages plus my own packages.