2D games not working

Questions about Wine on macOS.
-DIOXIDE-

2D games not working

Post by -DIOXIDE- »

I have this weird thing happen when I try to open .exe files for 2D games, it says Wine is running but nothing happens, but when I play 3D games like Half-Life and Dark Souls it works perfectly, does anyone know how to fix this?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 2D games not working

Post by Gcenx »

Your not providing any usable information for anyone to attempt to help you with this.

What version of wine is being used?

What game(s) have this issue?

Also attach terminal output when attempting to launch the games with said issues.

I personally play Diablo 2 on a regular basis and this works, Red Alert 2/YR requires CNC-DDraw to be playable on macOS anyway
-DIOXIDE-

Post by -DIOXIDE- »

The games I’ve tried are Blasphemous, Death’s Gambit and Salt and Sanctuary, and my wine version is 1.8.6

But I don’t know how to see the terminal output
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Update wine to 5.x and try again, 1.8.6 is way out of date.
-DIOXIDE-

Post by -DIOXIDE- »

It works! I updated it to 5.0 and it runs them! Thank you so much, I didn’t even know there were more versions!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

-DIOXIDE- wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:59 pm The games I’ve tried are Blasphemous, Death’s Gambit and Salt and Sanctuary, and my wine version is 1.8.6

But I don’t know how to see the terminal output
As DarkShadow44 said use a more recent version of wine as 1.8.6 is ancient!

Winehq packages will get you to 5.0 and 5.7, for something newer grab one of the packages I provide from https://github.com/Gcenx/macOS_Wine_builds, I recommend installing via the brew tap I provide.