What are the right configurations for installing GTA V?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
wiebcreatives

What are the right configurations for installing GTA V?

Post by wiebcreatives »

ok so the gta file i have has already been pre-installed, i have setup to a good point by moving the GTA pre-installed file to the windows partitions area created by my wine for proper running, but just at the final part of it running the files necessary to play GTA V i get this program error.. i've attached the screenshots of the error down below, and i'm using a macbook pro catalina 2019, thanks as i await response please.
Attachments
Artboard 3.jpg
Artboard 2.jpg
Artboard 1.jpg
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: What are the right configurations for installing GTA V?

Post by Gcenx »

You can’t run GTA V on macOS using wine.

The game requires DirectX10 and above, on Linux DXVK is used however that’s still currently not possible in macOS.

It “might” be possible once CrossOver-20 is released as chip davis (cdavis) is attempting to get DXVK working more broadly using MoltenVK

For right your better using Bootcamp to play anything that need DirectX10 and above
wiebcreatives

Post by wiebcreatives »

ok thanks a lot. but do you think it is advisable to partition my Mac Catalina, and if yes then what are the disadvantages ahead?
SetantaLP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SetantaLP »

The problem is, an additional system definitely blocks at least the amount of disk space needed to install the system space. And in case of Windows via bootcamp you need at least 64 gb (or even more depending on the size of your ram) of free space in order to install. Besides that I'm not sure if bootcamp uses a completely separate partition (which means that at the amount of disk space needed by the partition is permanently blocked even if not used to store data unless you remove the whole partition) or if bootcamp is capable of creating a partition that allows sharing free disk space between different volumes on a drive, a feature introduced with APFS, which is used if you install multiple major-versions of macOS on the same drive, e.g. because you need an older version of macOS to run a specific program.