Steam won't Install

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Fulhamfan100

Steam won't Install

Post by Fulhamfan100 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi,

Up front, I'm completely unfamiliar with programming or anything else like this, so apologies if this is very simplistic.

I've recently downloaded Steam onto my Mac and I didn't realise a lot of games are Windows specific. I had already bought 2 of these before I realised they wouldn't run, so I immediately went googling to work out if I could get this to work. I used a youtube guide (link at the bottom), which suggests I use Wine to get round this. I followed the guide and it worked fine, until I get to the step around 2:30 where it thinks you can right click on the icon of steam and download the game. However, when I try and do this, it tells me: "There is no application set to open the document “Steam.desktop”." I presume the application that is meant to open the document is Wine, so I guess I've done something wrong when downloading it, but I've no idea what.

I've tried repeating this a couple of times and when I look at the code, it looks like something might be going wrong, as I get the below code on continual repeat. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or is the problem somewhere outside of Wine? If so, I apologise and I hope you can direct me towards a more appropriate forum.

"0062:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
0062:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl ignoring keepalive interval"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... s5Ce1dOiwE