NOOB Unable to install particular program

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ssslithe

NOOB Unable to install particular program

Post by ssslithe »

Hi, I am looking for help with installing a program. I just installed Wine 5.0 and it seems to be working fine. I've managed to install VLC as a test with no issues. However, the main piece of software I would like to install (Vmix Call) does not seem to respond. When I click on the exe file or when I run the file via Terminal, either way I have the same issue: An icon labelled "wine-preloader" opens in the dock but nothing happens beyond that. The icon itself is the correct icon for the target software, but the software does not install.

In terminal, I get the following:

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
004b:fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
004d:fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
004d:fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
004d:fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy (0x4005c): stub
004d:fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonCreate (0x4005c, L"Installing"): stub
004d:fixme:rstrtmgr:RmStartSession 0049D3F8, 0, 0049D3FC stub!
Could not get handle to service.
0054:err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 2624 bytes in thread 0054 eip 00000000007ccc2c esp 0000000000120bd0 stack 0x120000-0x121000-0x220000

If anyone has a suggestion for how to install this software, I'd appreciate it! For reference, I'm running MacOS 10.14.6 and Wine 5.0. Thanks.