Wine 5.0-App window not active after switching desktops

Questions about Wine on macOS.
NateOMatic

Wine 5.0-App window not active after switching desktops

Post by NateOMatic »

A Windows application that worked correctly under Wine 4.0.2 shows a new unwanted behavior after upgrading to stable 5.0. Using Mission Control, when I switch from another desktop/space to the one the app is using, the app window is not active. That is, it does not respond to mouseover or keyboard inputs until I first click in the window. The effect is as if the window is in the background of another app and needs to be brought to the front, except there is no other app running in this desktop/space and the Wine window it runs in is already the front window.

I easily solved the issue by uninstalling 5.0 and reverting to 4.0.3; now the application is ready and active as soon as I switch to it. I am not sure if this is a known regression or a bug that needs reporting, or perhaps something already corrected in the development version, or fixable on my end.

The app I'm using is LDCad; it does not appear in a search of the AppDB/. The MacOS is 10.14.6 Mojave.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine 5.0-App window not active after switching desktops

Post by Gcenx »

Check for a bug report and it one is missing create one.

Also test again using the current wine-devel release to see if this issue is still precent, a very large issue with wine on macOS is almost nobody reports bugs so they never get resolved.
NateOMatic

Post by NateOMatic »

The bug has been reported here.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

NateOMatic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 pm The bug has been reported here.
Wine-5.7 is extremely old now.

If your running macOS High Sierra and later you'll be able to make use of my WineHQ like packages can be downloaded from https://github.com/Gcenx/macOS_Wine_builds, I recommend install them using my brew tap.