Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection

Questions about Wine on macOS.
AshJoubs
Level 2
Level 2

Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection

Post by AshJoubs »

Hello!
I've been running all my old PC games on my mac and have been having no issues until this game.
I input "wine /Volumes/ZT2ZCD1/setup.exe" in terminal as usual, and get this output:

Code: Select all

preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 000000007ff00000-000000007fff0000
wine: failed to map the shared user data: c0000018
000b:err:wineboot:start_services_process Couldn't start services.exe: error 1359
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
And then the InstallShield window opens with the message "Error reading setup initialization file".

Wine version: 4.0.2
macOS High Sierra
(Might be notable to mention that there are 2 discs)

Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection

Post by Gcenx »

The last 4 messages in the log can be ignored that’s related to Winebuild setup that Winehq is using.

You should change to the setup.exe location before attempting to launch, it could be failing to load additional files it needs, this should have been resolved in Wine-4.19
AshJoubs
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AshJoubs »

Okay, thank you. I changed to the setup.exe location and the same message came up with this output:

000f:err:service:process_send_command receiving command result timed out
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WineBus" failed to start: 1053
And then the same following 4 lines as before.

Is there anything else I could try?
AshJoubs
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AshJoubs »

Gcenx wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:16 am You should change to the setup.exe location before attempting to launch, it could be failing to load additional files it needs, this should have been resolved in Wine-4.19
So I updated to Mojave and then downloaded Wine 4.19. I still get the InstallShield message, and this output:

0009:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000b:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 4.19 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
000d:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000f:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0012:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0019:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
001b:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0020:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0026:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

AshJoubs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm So I updated to Mojave and then downloaded Wine 4.19. I still get the InstallShield message, and this output:

0009:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000b:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 4.19 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
000d:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
000f:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0012:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0019:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
001b:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0020:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
0026:fixme:esync:do_esync eventfd not supported on this platform.
The esync messages can also be ignored it already explains why “eventfd not supported on this platform”

Removing those leaves nothing of interest in the terminal output.
AshJoubs
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AshJoubs »

The esync messages can also be ignored it already explains why “eventfd not supported on this platform”

Removing those leaves nothing of interest in the terminal output.
I see, so I should assume the game is just not compatible?