Problem wine 4.7 MacOS multiple displays

Questions about Wine on macOS.
akj850

Problem wine 4.7 MacOS multiple displays

Post by akj850 »

I installed wine to run a gaming program OCTGN (octgn.net). After some effort I got wine installed with Mac Ports and was able to install dotnet 4.7.2 and got everything running when I was running using a single display. I tried to build install and run the application on another similar machine, and it did not run, seemed to get stuck into an infinite loop and I couldn't figure out the difference, until I went back to the original machine and I had added my portable second display. It exhibited the same behavior as the second machine I tried. I disconnected the display and the application ran fine. I added the second display while it was running and it worked fine. The other machine has dual displays. So I have hypothesized that this is the reason....is there a way to sanitize the system to run better on multiple displays.

The number of messages it output was way too large to include here (like I said, it appeared to be stuck in a loop)

The application is here and the instructions to install are linked from that page.
http://www.octgn.net/Home/GetOctgn

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Problem wine 4.7 MacOS multiple displays

Post by Gcenx »

I’m not sure as I don’t connect an external display these days as my Switch is connected to it instead.

However Wine-4.16 does have multi-monitor improvements. The winehq builds don’t have this support as those are currently still built with the 10.8 SDK.