Mouse Look going crazy after 4.0.2 stable update

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Delegator

Mouse Look going crazy after 4.0.2 stable update

Post by Delegator »

Playing Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC), I just updated from 4.0.1 stable to 4.0.2 stable on Mac OS Mojave. My problem is that mouse look is going crazy now, panning much too fast and seeming to snap to a point under my character, etc.

I tried backing down to 4.0.1, and the problem persists, so I have to think it's an issue with the way that the user settings were updated when going to the new version. I tried decreasing MouseSensitivity from 10 to 1, and that didn't change the behavior at all.

Then, however, if I instead open with Wine Staging 4.11, it works fine.

I could swear that I had to do this upon originally installing Wine for DAOC, but I can't remember how I fixed it. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Does Wine Staging use a different settings file compared to Wine Stable? Any other idea why this might be happening?
Delegator

Re: Mouse Look going crazy after 4.0.2 stable update

Post by Delegator »

Just for future reference (because it happened to me again with my new laptop) the problem was that the resolution set in my graphics settings wasn't the right aspect ratio. Once I got the setting correct (1920 x 1080 on my external monitor, for example, or similar aspect ratio for built in) the problem disappeared.