Wine and Xgpro

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Amigo1

Wine and Xgpro

Post by Amigo1 »

Hello,

I'm new here. I am trying to use the Xgpro software with Wine.
The tool is the interface for an eeprom programmer, it can be found here:

www.autoelectric.cn/en/

the direct link would be

http://www.autoelectric.cn/MiniPro/XgproV851_Setup.rar

The Software installs fine to "c:\" using the latest Stable Wine (4.0.1) and Xgpro launches correctly as far as I can tell. All menus and windows open, but the Hardware is not recognized by the Application.

I suppose it to be a driver issue?

On a virtual Window 10 system using VMWare Fusion on the same computer, the programmer is recognized and I can program the eproms withouth issues.

I'm not launching WINE and VMWare Fusion in parallel to avoid hardware access conflicts.

I would like to get rid of 60GB for the full Win10 install and use Wine instead.

I'm using macOS 10.14.6

Thanks in advance for possibly any help.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine and Xgpro

Post by Gcenx »

To detect the hardware drivers would need to be loaded and at percent wine doesn’t support this so your stuck using a VM at the moment.

The only alternative is finding a native macOS application that can support your device.
Amigo1

Re: Wine and Xgpro

Post by Amigo1 »

Gcenx wrote:To detect the hardware drivers would need to be loaded and at percent wine doesn’t support this so your stuck using a VM at the moment.

The only alternative is finding a native macOS application that can support your device.

I see. What a pity, but well I'll send a little donation as athank you anyway. :)