WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:35 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

When running winecfg from Wine Devel 4.9, I am getting an error message saying that wine `Failed to connect to the mount manager`. I have tried re-installing wine, and am still having the same problem. Here is the terminal output:

Code:
0079:err:file:init_redirects /Users/TheSamminAter/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows: No such file or directory
0077:err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
0077:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2).
007b:err:service:load_reg_string Error 1804 while reading value L"DisplayName"
007b:err:service:scmdatabase_load_services Error 1804 reading registry key for service L"NDProxy" - skipping
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"AFD" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"CryptSvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"gupdate" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"nsi" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PcaSvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"SCDEmu" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"SecDrv" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"seclogon" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"tdx" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"Wdf01000" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WinDefend" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WineBus" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"ws2ifsl" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wscsvc" failed to start: 2
007b:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wuauserv" failed to start: 2
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter\\Application Data".
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter".
0077:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\TheSamminAter\\Local Settings\\Application Data".
0079:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
0091:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
0091:err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2

I'd rather not have to run `sudo rm -rf ~/.wine` as I have applications and stuff installed there.

Attachments:
File comment: screenshot
1.png
1.png [ 12.19 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:27 pm 
Level 4
Level 4

Already reported the issue https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47224
This started with Wine-4.8 now using mingw-w64 to cross-compile the PE files, the fallback of using gcc/clang is broken still as far as I’m aware.

The thing is Winehq’s Winebuild system is missing mingw-64 from Winebuild.
Plus some other related issues I’ve discovered but no point posting those until mingw-w64 is added into Winebuild.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:27 am 
Level 2
Level 2

Gcenx wrote:
Already reported the issue https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47224
This started with Wine-4.8 now using mingw-w64 to cross-compile the PE files, the fallback of using gcc/clang is broken still as far as I’m aware.

The thing is Winehq’s Winebuild system is missing mingw-64 from Winebuild.
Plus some other related issues I’ve discovered but no point posting those until mingw-w64 is added into Winebuild.

Thanks! Should I downgrade to Wine-4.7 then?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 pm 
Level 4
Level 4

The_SamminAter wrote:

For the moment yeah that's the easy option.

I really hope someone fixes the Winehq Winebuild system quickly, if they don't then that will be annoying for Winehq users.
If Winehq's Wine-4.10 build doesn't work then I'll lightly be posting instructions for using a compile from Phoenicis-Winebuild since I already fixed there builder.

I did play with making custom "Wine Staging.app" but that takes time I don't really have at the moment.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:05 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

Gcenx wrote:
The_SamminAter wrote:

For the moment yeah that's the easy option.

I really hope someone fixes the Winehq Winebuild system quickly, if they don't then that will be annoying for Winehq users.
If Winehq's Wine-4.10 build doesn't work then I'll lightly be posting instructions for using a compile from Phoenicis-Winebuild since I already fixed there builder.

I did play with making custom "Wine Staging.app" but that takes time I don't really have at the moment.

Downgrading didn't work :/. I had to delete my ~/.wine folder. I don't know if this is a related problem or not, but wineserver isn't shutting down properly for me. I have to restart my computer in order to be able to use different versions of wine.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 am 
Level 4
Level 4

The_SamminAter wrote:
Downgrading didn't work :/. I had to delete my ~/.wine folder. I don't know if this is a related problem or not, but wineserver isn't shutting down properly for me. I have to restart my computer in order to be able to use different versions of wine.

I can't be sure wineserver not shutting down is related to the current issue.
But wineserver not closing usually mean a process is still running/crashed unless wineserver it's self crashed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS