Wine v4.0 won't run anything

Questions about Wine on macOS.
The_SamminAter
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wine v4.0 won't run anything

Post by The_SamminAter »

Gcenx wrote:I have a weird question related to your issue exe files.

By any chance does the path or exe file name contain spaces?

Edit;
Remember SIP was introduced in El Capitan, below don’t have that safety net (or as most see it a hinderance)
Fair enough point, but I don't know many people who run anything under El Capitan on their computers.

Also, not consistently. Some exes with no spaces in their name or path won't open (~/Desktop/iexplorer.exe), but some with spaces in it's name will (/Applications/Games/A Midsummer Night's Dream/A MidSummer Night's Dream.exe)

Wine launching for me seems kinda hit-and-miss right now, it's consistently doing random things.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

The_SamminAter wrote:Fair enough point, but I don't know many people who run anything under El Capitan on their computers.

Also, not consistently. Some exes with no spaces in their name or path won't open (~/Desktop/iexplorer.exe), but some with spaces in it's name will (/Applications/Games/A Midsummer Night's Dream/A MidSummer Night's Dream.exe)

Wine launching for me seems kinda hit-and-miss right now, it's consistently doing random things
I don’t know any personally myself but a few users are still running 10.8 (some are even on 10.6.8 but I don’t support below 10.8), not many but some are locked below 10.11 for various reasons.

Hum are all the exe files that open terminal exe files that are included with wine by chance? Since the iexplorer included with wine is just a stub that loads the relevant iexplorer.exe.so same for anything that’s built into wine.
tyler82

Post by tyler82 »

I was trying to install dreamweaver 2019 on my KDE Kubuntu with wine 4.xx version. The installation would launch but i have empty installation dialogue window and can not continue the installation
process.
This window can not be closed anyhow only from terminall killall or using GUI KSysGuard. I was trying to update my nvidia GPU driver but does not help. If i boot on windows it does appear properly and able to install DW with no issue so the .iso file is ok. Is Something with the wine version or need to change some display settings on kubuntu??