keyboard not working! wine stable

Questions about Wine on macOS.
thekillerbanana
Level 2
Level 2

keyboard not working! wine stable

Post by thekillerbanana »

Hey wine users! :D
I've been trying to run a game called Spore on wine stable, it runs nicely and smoothly, however, my keyboard does not work! well, if I click COMMAND+key it works, but keys like space and shift do not work even if I click command! could someone please help me with this? thank you!
wine stable 4.0
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
I've tried creating a clean wine prefix, wine devel, and wine staging, restarting computer, and I am just seriously desperate!!!
PLEASE Help!
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: keyboard not working! wine stable

Post by Gcenx »

As I didn’t ask you before I’m going to ask directly.

Is it just some keys are not working or no keys are working.
As wine on macOS does map the keys differently then the native Mac keyout would be.

If that’s the problem like CMD not functions as expected and shift, both can be remapped since wine-3.17.
thekillerbanana
Level 2
Level 2

the only keys working are: command and esc, but if I do click command and another key that didn't work, the key works, except with space or shift etc. Is this a known issue?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

thekillerbanana wrote:the only keys working are: command and esc, but if I do click command and another key that didn't work, the key works, except with space or shift etc. Is this a known issue?
I have not heard of this problem on macOS before (Linux yes), nobody on the forms I frequent have asked about this issue.
thekillerbanana
Level 2
Level 2

I don't care if no one asked before, but I have the issue, or I wouldn't be asking for help, so if you have an idea, please tell me1 :(