Cannot rename or copy anything! Please Help!

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ZSwearin

Cannot rename or copy anything! Please Help!

Post by ZSwearin »

Hello everybody, i was looking to get some help. I use a Macbook Pro and am running Pokemon Reborn on it using wine. I ran into an issue on there where the player freezes meanwhile the rest of the game goes on. This is common so i was required to post in their forums and post my save file under my request for help so somebody could get me unstuck.

However, no matter what, i could not copy my save file from wine file manager to the forums accessed through google chrome.
I followed this directory to get to my save files. Clicked wine icon on upper right of screen>File Manager>Users>zzfoldz (my name>Saved Games>Pokemon Reborn>game.rxdata (my save file)
Anytime i tried to copy game.rxdata, it would just do nothing and go back to the top of the contents in that folder being Pokemon Reborn.

I heard from someone who has experience with macs and wine himself to try to rename one of my prior save files in that same folder to be game.rxdata and delete my current one. Trusting him and desperate, i did just that. I winded up deleting it so i can move it from Trash to somewhere else in Finder to get it to my forum post. Its now in the forum post.

However, i cannot rename anything so that i can try to use wine to run Pokemon Reborn from a prior save state. He thought that was odd as he is able to rename anything he wants. So that brings me here where im looking to fix wine so i can rename something to get my game going again.

Why can i not rename or copy anything from wine file manager? Also, i tried moving my game.rxdata from the place i had it so i can put in the forum post back into wine file manager under saved games. This does not work either. There is no option to paste and clicking and dragging doesn't work. I hope you guys can help, thanks in advance!^^
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cannot rename or copy anything! Please Help!

Post by Gcenx »

Why are you trying to do that using winefile, you would be better doing that within finder, navigate to into your wineprefix then into the location where you need to be and then do your copy/renaming as needed.