Trying to get Hollywood Movie Studio to work on Mojave Mac

Questions about Wine on macOS.
DeezDays

Trying to get Hollywood Movie Studio to work on Mojave Mac

Post by DeezDays »

Hi guys,

I’m new here so be gentle. I need someone with a bit of experience in dealing with Wine on Mac OS to see if they are able to get the following game to work on a Mac. If they can, they would be a hero. If you can, is there anyway you can explain to me how you did it? I really want to learn more about this stuff!!

It’s Hollywood Movie Studio. http://myindiegamecompany.com. The game is free as well.

Thanks so much.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Trying to get Hollywood Movie Studio to work on Mojave M

Post by Gcenx »

I downloaded the game and installed it into a clean prefix and it seemed to function.

However I'm not familiar with the game so I can't be sure if it has any bugs or not so it would be best to try it out yourself.
DeezDays

Post by DeezDays »

If you don’t mind, could you tell me if you were able to create a new game. The reason being is that whenever I tried, I would get a Invalid Picture Runtime Error. I did try installing it originally with Crossover and no matter what I tried was I able to actually create a new game. Best I could get was the main menu.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

DeezDays wrote:If you don’t mind, could you tell me if you were able to create a new game. The reason being is that whenever I tried, I would get a Invalid Picture Runtime Error. I did try installing it originally with Crossover and no matter what I tried was I able to actually create a new game. Best I could get was the main menu.
I managed to get pasted that error but then hit an unimplemented function and no searching gave any useful information on workarounds. You would be better running this using a VM.