WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:21 pm 

Hi guys,

I’m new here so be gentle. I need someone with a bit of experience in dealing with Wine on Mac OS to see if they are able to get the following game to work on a Mac. If they can, they would be a hero. If you can, is there anyway you can explain to me how you did it? I really want to learn more about this stuff!!

It’s Hollywood Movie Studio. http://myindiegamecompany.com. The game is free as well.

Thanks so much.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm 
Level 4
Level 4

I downloaded the game and installed it into a clean prefix and it seemed to function.

However I'm not familiar with the game so I can't be sure if it has any bugs or not so it would be best to try it out yourself.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm 

If you don’t mind, could you tell me if you were able to create a new game. The reason being is that whenever I tried, I would get a Invalid Picture Runtime Error. I did try installing it originally with Crossover and no matter what I tried was I able to actually create a new game. Best I could get was the main menu.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:10 pm 
Level 4
Level 4

DeezDays wrote:
If you don’t mind, could you tell me if you were able to create a new game. The reason being is that whenever I tried, I would get a Invalid Picture Runtime Error. I did try installing it originally with Crossover and no matter what I tried was I able to actually create a new game. Best I could get was the main menu.

I managed to get pasted that error but then hit an unimplemented function and no searching gave any useful information on workarounds. You would be better running this using a VM.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS