WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm 

I'm trying to open an .exe on a Mac via wine. When I open with wine and click go nothing happens - the file doesn't even open and there's no errors. I tried opening it via cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/foldername/filename.exe and wine filename.exe in Terminal I get the error down below.

This is the first and only .exe I've encountered a problem with. I've used wine with TVPaint and NotePad and have had no problems at all. The .exe operates smoothly on a normal Windows computer so I don't think it's the file itself.

0029:err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
0029:err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\filename.exe"
MacBook-Air-2:Program Files MyName$ 0029:err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
0029:fixme:seh:call_stack_handlers calling personality routine in system library not supported yet
0029:fixme:seh:call_stack_handlers calling personality routine in system library not supported yet
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x4380fac7 at address 0x431bd73e (thread 0029), starting debugger...
0029:err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --auto 32 44") (1115)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
0029:fixme:seh:RtlUnwindEx calling personality routine in system library not supported yet
0029:fixme:seh:RtlUnwindEx calling personality routine in system library not supported yet

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:11 pm 
Level 5
Level 5

Quote:
I tried opening it via cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/foldername/filename.exe and wine filename.exe

"cd" means Change Directory, the argument has to be a folder.
The commands should be:
Code:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/foldername/            #<-- without filename.exe
wine filename.exe

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:04 am 

When I tried that I got this error

-bash: cd: /Users/MyName/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/foldername: No such file or directory

and

wine cannot find 'filename.exe'

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:07 am 
Level 5
Level 5

That is a clear error. The location doesn't exists.
If there are weird characters in the name, use single quotes around the name.
Code:
cd '/some location/ with/weird/<>\"/characters/'

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS