help, cant get launcher short cut thing to work.

Questions about Wine on macOS.
nutmix

help, cant get launcher short cut thing to work.

Post by nutmix »

OK, after some effort, got heidisql running on a standard wine install (using the pure mac download packages, not using brew anything like that).

I can run heidisql by running "wine stable" form the launcher, then typing in :

$ cd .wine/drive_c
$ cd Prog*
$ HeidiSQL

wine heidisql

This launches heidisql (although the fonts are utterly terrible - borderline unreadable).

I read the FAQ, and created a script with this:

on run

--edit this to be the correct location and file to run (typically only edit after the "drive_c")
set toRun to "$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/HeidiSQL/heidisql.exe"

--edit winePrefix if you are not using the default prefix
set winePrefix to "$HOME/.wine"

--edit wineLocation if your wine install is not the default location
set wineLocation to "/usr/local/bin"

--edit dyldFallbackLibraryPath to your X11 lib folder, this one is set for XQuartz on 10.6+
set dyldFallbackLibraryPath to "/opt/X11/lib"
-------------------------------------------------------
--DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE
-------------------------------------------------------
set toRunPath to do shell script "WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR%/*}\""
set toRunFile to do shell script "WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; TEMPVAR2=\"" & toRunPath & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR#$TEMPVAR2/}\""
do shell script "PATH=\"" & wineLocation & ":$PATH\"; export WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=\"" & dyldFallbackLibraryPath & "\"; cd \"" & toRunPath & "\"; wine \"" & toRunFile & "\" > /dev/null 2>&1 &"

end run

Saved this as an "application". Unfortunately, I could not find where it saved to (eventually found it in icloud, of all places). I then copied from icloud to my applications dir.

however, when I run it, the script editor icon flashes up, but no heidisql, no winow, no error message.

Note, if I open up a normal terminal, and type in

ls "$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/HeidiSQL/heidisql.exe"

It shows the right file, so the path is correct.

Any suggestions?
The currently way of launching the app is incredibly painful.