shortcut for .exe

Questions about Wine on macOS.
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

shortcut for .exe

Post by eduardo »

how can i achieve this?

im currently using wine by the terminal so i don't have a right-click option to open .exes. so far i been able to run a game by using the "winefile" cmd and then navigating through the folders to get to my exe. i have gedit installed but haven't had much success. also what is the name of the code used in terminal on the mac? cheers! have a good day.
SetantaLP
Level 3
Level 3

Re: shortcut for .exe

Post by SetantaLP »

The terminal on mac is a bash shell. So if you want to be able to just start the game form the command line without setting the wine version, the prefix and the exe-path manually, use a .sh file.
If you simply want to double-click on something for setting the wine version, the prefix and the exe-path and then start the exe, use a command-file (which is the mac equivalent of the .bat file on windows). But don't forget to give the file executable permissions, because this is required, if you want to be able to start the file with double clicking.
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by eduardo »

thanks, i solved this using the automator app.
SetantaLP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SetantaLP »

Interesting idea, and probably better than using a command-file, if you are not familiar with the command line.