Wine Isn't Working Please Help

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Scientin
Level 2
Level 2

Wine Isn't Working Please Help

Post by Scientin »

I'm trying to use wine to play some old PC games on my mac. I successfully installed wine, XQuartz, and the games. However, upon booting up said games and clicking play, I get the error message "Please insert the correct CD ROM." I have checked the wine wiki to make sure the games work with wine, and they were tested to work. I'm running XQuartz 2.7.11 and Wine Stable 3.0.1. I have tried removing and reinserting the CD, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the games. Nothing has worked so far. Please help!
eduardo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Wine Isn't Working Please Help

Post by eduardo »

im also using wine 2.0 for all of this.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Scientin wrote:I'm trying to use wine to play some old PC games on my mac. I successfully installed wine, XQuartz, and the games. However, upon booting up said games and clicking play, I get the error message "Please insert the correct CD ROM." I have checked the wine wiki to make sure the games work with wine, and they were tested to work. I'm running XQuartz 2.7.11 and Wine Stable 3.0.1. I have tried removing and reinserting the CD, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the games. Nothing has worked so far. Please help!
Your asking for help yet not listing what games your having trouble with........
Scientin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scientin »

Oh sorry, I thought I had typed it but I must have skipped it. It's the Harry Potter video games for PC (1-3 and Quidditch World Cup).
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Scientin wrote:Oh sorry, I thought I had typed it but I must have skipped it. It's the Harry Potter video games for PC (1-3 and Quidditch World Cup).
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... n&iId=6511

"Selected Test Results"

Take a look under that heading then you will see what you need to do for all the game that don't detect the CD
Scientin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scientin »

Gcenx wrote:
Scientin wrote:Oh sorry, I thought I had typed it but I must have skipped it. It's the Harry Potter video games for PC (1-3 and Quidditch World Cup).

"Selected Test Results"

Take a look under that heading then you will see what you need to do for all the game that don't detect the CD
I followed the recommendations on that page, and it still isn't working. I think part of the problem is that none of the game files seem to be on my desktop (there's no HP.exe file to replace). It's possible that while installing the game I installed it to the wrong file. Is there a specific file I should install to?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

Scientin wrote:
Gcenx wrote:

"Selected Test Results"

I followed the recommendations on that page, and it still isn't working. I think part of the problem is that none of the game files seem to be on my desktop (there's no HP.exe file to replace). It's possible that while installing the game I installed it to the wrong file. Is there a specific file I should install to?
Sorry I can't help you with that, just reinstall the game from the original media then follow what the appdb said to do.
Scientin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scientin »

I managed to get it working thanks to your advice. Thank you so much!