WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:31 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Wine and XQuartz successfully, and it looked like the game I wanted to play installed properly. However whenever I open the application using the wine AutoRun.exe, and press "play", I get the message "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, and restart the application." I've tried removing the CD and reinserting it, restarting the app, but not much beyond that. Any help you can give me?

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:44 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

Scientin wrote:
I installed Wine and XQuartz successfully, and it looked like the game I wanted to play installed properly. However whenever I open the application using the wine AutoRun.exe, and press "play", I get the message "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, and restart the application." I've tried removing the CD and reinserting it, restarting the app, but not much beyond that. Any help you can give me?

Get and use a NOCD crack to run the game, most copy-protection does not work in Wine.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

Gcenx wrote:
Get and use a NOCD crack to run the game, most copy-protection does not work in Wine.

Small update. I managed to download and extract a no-cd crack version of the game, labeled [removed by moderator]. When I attempt to open it with wine, the app opens but does nothing, and clicking anywhere immediately closes the app.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:32 am 

Explicit discussion of how to obtain and/or use illegal software, which includes no-cd cracks, is against forum rules. I am locking this thread.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS