Trying to Run LiveSplit on Wine, Receiving Crash Error

Questions about Wine on macOS.
KreatorKat

Trying to Run LiveSplit on Wine, Receiving Crash Error

Post by KreatorKat »

Hi, I'm trying to use Wine to run LiveSplit 1.7.5 but I'm receiving an error message. Upon starting LiveSplit using Wine, I receive a popup dialogue box that says "LiveSplit has crashed for the following reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I'm running Wine 3.0 stable and the only sort of "modifications" I made were the additional files that Wine prompted me to download in order to run LiveSplit the first time I attempted to open it. I also downloaded the optional 64 bit files when I initially downloaded Wine.

I'm not very knowledgeable about what, if anything, I could do to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Trying to Run LiveSplit on Wine, Receiving Crash Error

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Seems like a wine-mono issue, I'd make a bugreport for that.
Workaround: Use new .wine folder and run "WINEARCH=win32 winetricks dotnet45".
KreatorKat

Post by KreatorKat »

Thanks for the reply. I tried running the code you suggested and making a new .wine folder (though I'm not entirely sure I was successful in that regard), but the only return I'm getting in the terminal window is command not found.

That said, I think the reason is probably that I wasn't able to get winetricks to run. I tried both methods of downloading and running it (saving it yourself and using wine to download it for you) and they returned "no such file or directory" and "command not found" respectively. Any idea why this might be the case?

Thanks!
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I did install winetricks as package, what distro are you on? You can either install winetricks globally, or run it like

Code: Select all

./winetricks
Regarding making a new .wine folder, when there is nothing important in there, just delete ~/.wine.