WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:34 pm 

Hello all,

1. I read the notes for the MacPort install, and set the following in the registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Mac Driver]
RetinaMode="y"

2. I ran the google query: "doom 3" dark site:wiki.winehq.org
no results found.

3. I searched the FAQ for any information on when running doom 3, wine darkens the screen almost so I can't
see the game screen.
no results found.

4. I ran the google query: "doom 3" dark site: forum.winehq.org
no results found.

5. I read the appdb entry. All it showed is the versions of the Doom 3 engine, which I'm quite familiar with.
no results on why wine darkens the screen to almost black on my MacBook 2016 with retina screen when
attempting to run Doom 3.

6. I read all the forum posting guidelines, and I think I am confident that my post will not be deleted.

Question.

I am running wine 2.0.4, installed on my Macbook pro running OSX High Sierra via MacPorts. I run multiple
monitors, but wine runs Doom 3 on the retina screen.
When I open a terminal prompt, navigate to my Doom 3 for Windows directory, and type the following command:

wine Doom3.exe

it runs perfectly, but wine darkens the retina screen so black that I can barely see the Doom 3 window to close
it.

Since wine has no command line switches, and I have googled for literally half an hour trying to find any
information relating to wine's default keyboard shortcuts (there is also no listing of this at winehq)......

How do I get wine to NOT darken my retina screen to almost black when running Doom 3.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » macOS