Falcon BMS won't work under OSX

Questions about Wine on macOS.
iCheese
Level 1
Level 1

Falcon BMS won't work under OSX

Post by iCheese »

My wine version is 2.20 staging.

First of all, Falcon 4.0 (which the game required) is working, except the main screen glitches. I can't see anything until I move my mouse cursor on the menu, then the screen shows up about one frame, and back to glitch.

Falcon BMS on the other hand, stopped working after the title screen, the game just went black and no response at all.

I did like what the database said, which turned triple buffering off, then unchecked every graphics-related options under winecfg.

After none of that is working, I thought that I could missing some software. So I installed ffdshow (which required back to 4.32), no luck. Disabled the intro movie, still not working.

Then I forced BMS to run under a window, nope.

32-bit mode doesn't help also.

Eventually I've searched around on google and someone suggests run under virtual desktop, I tried both winecfg and the shell command, both of them are not working at all (no virtual desktop, and the game still goes black).

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=199111

I've tried to use 1.6.2 prefix as well(PlayOnMac), no luck.

Therefore I have no idea what I'm missing here. I wonder someone had similar issues, and eventually solved it.
Attachments
fixme:dbghelp_msc:codeview_add_type_enum_field_list Unsupported type 1404 in ENUM field list
fixme:dbghelp_msc:codeview_add_type_enum_field_list Unsupported type 1404 in ENUM field list
iCheese
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Falcon BMS won't work under OSX

Post by iCheese »

additional information: I’m using macOS High Sierra, not OS X.
My Falcon BMS version is 4.33. 4.32 won’t work also.